Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was stupid enough to Not check my DVD drive power cable and my drive burnt up And is now a pile of crap. It is a liteon with fw version 74850C. The hw version is A0A1. How do I replace the DVD with something like a Hitachi, Samsung, or a benq?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garchomp said:
So I was stupid enough to Not check my DVD drive power cable and my drive burnt up And is now a pile of crap. It is a liteon with fw version 74850C. The hw version is A0A1. How do I replace the DVD with something like a Hitachi, Samsung, or a benq?

Do you have the drive key?
Is there noticeable damage on the PCB?

Using different brand drives is detectable on live, spoofed or not.

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the drive key, is there any way possible to retrieve them? and i smell something burnt on the PCB......but I can't see it. And this Xbox does not get on XBL, so it doesn't matter?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whether you can get your drive key, really depends on what burnt out. Normally upside down plug just burns a few resistors and maybe some tracks. So at minimum your looking at some soldering to get it back up and running and retrieve the key.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't say it's too advanced, but the points are small, if you've never soldered before, then I'd suggest finding someone to repair the drive for you and attempt key extraction. As if you screw it up to the point the key can't be retrieved (assuming you haven't already), then you're screwed, as no key= xbox never playing games from disc again.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garchomp said:
Ok so I have found burned spots on the DVD drive metal part AND the PCB Board....here's a link to my album look at the 3rd and 4th photo.

My Photobucket Album

and if the xbox never will play from disc again.....what do I do?
Well, considering you don't plan on going on LIVE, nothing really. If you did go on LIVE, you could play Games on Demand games either by buying them or using modded profiles.

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
modded profiles? explain please? and I am going to attempt to fix it but i just dont know what to do 1st...

Isn't there some way to retrieve the keys from this board and then just installing a new one and put the keys on there? problem is xbox doesn't even say I have a drive in anymore i get a blinking green light

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garchomp said:
modded profiles? explain please? and I am going to attempt to fix it but i just dont know what to do 1st...
Essentially there are modified Xbox profiles floating around the Interent, and when you download the profile and a game or DLC associated with it, you can use the profile to activate the content you wanna play. A few months back, this method was much easier and more popular, however now after the latest dashboard update it was patched and a new method was discovered, albeit a little more risky and not as common to find. There are certain sites that have these types of games around, but I can't list any here (warez).

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So uh....I think I know what your saying. I download the gamer profile, somehow put it onto my xbox, and then download a game? or does the game come with it? such as: modded profile with dead space 2

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Garchomp said:
Isn't there some way to retrieve the keys from this board and then just installing a new one and put the keys on there? problem is xbox doesn't even say I have a drive in anymore i get a blinking green light

It blinks because the drive is damaged. From the look of the 4th picture, that track has burnt out. So assuming that's the only damage, that'll need to fixed before you can get the keys off it.

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garchomp said:
So uh....I think I know what your saying. I download the gamer profile, somehow put it onto my xbox, and then download a game? or does the game come with it? such as: modded profile with dead space 2
Well, Dead Space 2 isn't a GoD, but pretty much yes. You can copy the game and profile via USB or HDD with a transfer cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1