Hacking Dreamcast and PSP emulators for Wii

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay fine I'll get the real dreamcast and everything two controllers memory unit and Soul Calibur 1 and if I only do PSP for TV on PS3 how should I do that?

Install rogero or habib cobra 4.55 cfw on ps3 then put your psp iso or cso on a usb drive in folder pspiso. You can play the psp games with from multiman or iris manager. There are full tutorials on the net and utube.

I have played ff crisis core and dissidia on my ps3 and they play fine. In my opinion you can't beat the handheld experience for those games but they are very playable on ps3. And if you own a psp, vita, or Android device you can connect it to your ps3 and play off tv. You can also play ps2 and psx isos with that cfw.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...NXbTG9YeJB4cqHBQw&sig2=UQuE2V6-RKvjytjyQuAeRg
Do a search for how to install cfw on ps3. There are forums on gbatemp that discuss it. Try looking there.

Sorry for off topic discussion. Psp and dreamcast emulation on Wii is not possible in my opinion and not necessary because there are better alternatives. The Wii is excellent at emulating other systems that are older but to emulate those 2 systems to a nice and comfortable speed you will be needing a high end pc. Possibly a ps3,ps4,xbox360,xboxone in future.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why wouldn't you just connect your PSP to a TV? That sounds like a more cost-effective solution. Hell, you can even use USB to play PSP games on a laptop monitor. I remember making a convoluted setup of PSP-to-laptop-to-TV via USB and HDMI and it worked fine. That being said, you might as well eliminate the PSP from the setup and just use an emulator on the laptop.

Reactions: Ozito

Michael Berg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't you just connect your PSP to a TV? That sounds like a more cost-effective solution. Hell, you can even use USB to play PSP games on a laptop monitor. I remember making a convoluted setup of PSP-to-laptop-to-TV via USB and HDMI and it worked fine. That being said, you might as well eliminate the PSP from the setup and just use an emulator on the laptop.

And does the TV even if it's HDTV has to be Sony?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And does the TV even if it's HDTV has to be Sony?
Of course not.

The way I did it was running RemoteJoy Lite to catch footage to the PC, full screen'ed the PC side application on another desktop and then displayed that desktop on a TV via HDMI. There's also FuSa SD or Sony's standard application if you have a PSP-to-Composite or PSP-to-Component cable if you don't mind spending a couple bucks.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how well a port of the Drastic DS emulator would work on the Wii? It runs pretty well on the Xperia Play, which isn't exactly a powerhouse phone.

Well it is optimized for android and would run on even a single core 1ghz phone. From what I seen it does not seem possible all though I could be wrong but I definitely don't think a ppsspp port could get a playable framerate

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play psp games on big screen I recommend ps3 on cobra cfw, prob going to be the only way of playing psp games on tv. As for dreamcast better off just buy a dreamcast second hand. Got mine for £15 with controller and vms unit. Plus most dreamcasts are homebrew capable without mods and there is an ODE device for the system around the corner.

You don't need cobra cfw for PSP games on PS3 anymore and haven't for a while, any cfw should do (I've used rebug and rogero and run PSP games). Compatibility isn't that great, a lot of games don't work right, so if you REALLY want to play PSP games on big screen, just get some component cables for a PSP-2000 or higher.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
I find compatibility is fine. Are you playing psp games using the mini injector to make psp mini pkgs or direct booting the isos/csos?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well it is optimized for android and would run on even a single core 1ghz phone. From what I seen it does not seem possible all though I could be wrong but I definitely don't think a ppsspp port could get a playable framerate
Megahertz Myth says hi. Raw clockspeed is not a representation of horsepower and in turn horsepower is not a representation of real-life performance - there's a lot of factors that come into play here including the architecture, the available libraries, the instruction set etc.

spiral6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is the vWii more powerful then the actual console? And if so... theoretically someone could make these emulators and they would work with better performance, right?

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megahertz Myth says hi. Raw clockspeed is not a representation of horsepower and in turn horsepower is not a representation of real-life performance - there's a lot of factors that come into play here including the architecture, the available libraries, the instruction set etc.

That's why I said it was optimized for android, the Wii is a whole other operating system with different hardware I guess, I just go by what the devs say, if your phone has blah blah ram and blah blah specs your good.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's why I said it was optimized for android, the Wii is a whole other operating system with different hardware I guess, I just go by what the devs say, if your phone has blah blah ram and blah blah specs your good.
Pretty much. All I was clarifying was that a 729MHz phone CPU is not an equivalent of the 729MHz Wii CPU. ;)

BlackWizzard17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. All I was clarifying was that a 729MHz phone CPU is not an equivalent of the 729MHz Wii CPU. ;)

Of course not :lol: I wouldn't dare try and compare two different types of hardware it's not accurate, that like if someone compared a Mobile Cpu to 2.5ghz phone to a Intel cpu pc running 2.5ghz not the same power of equivalency.

Reactions: Foxi4

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well by not easy, let me see if I can explain it a little better.

I have an Android device that is quad core 1.4Ghz with 2GB's of RAM it also has 4 GPU's, nice little machine. From what I have read I can run some Dreamcast games but they are glitchy and or slow, some would probably run OK even playable with frame skipping.

Compare the Wii with it's sub 1Ghz single core processor with 96MB's of RAM.

It's just not gonna happen. Easy doesn't begin to describe how nearly impossible it would be to make it happen.

I do think the Wii could emulate the Dramcast in theory, but it would require a huge ass team of professional programmers who knew the Wii inside and out and who also happened to know the Dreamcast inside and out. (I believe this is how the Bleemcast was made.)

729 MHz, 88 MB of RAM

SilentTem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wishful thinking. The Wii barely pushes N64 emulation, let alone the PSP. The Dreamcast is within the realm of possibilities although the framerate might be hit and miss.

There is a Wii emulator called Wii64. I use it to play LoZ, SM64, and MK64. It runs very smoothly. No lag at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: