Gaming Dragonball Fusion Catastrophic Save Failure

Ragin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm really loving this game. The large roster of characters. The RPG aspect. The collect em all type of deal. And the really unique battle system.

However I first played a good handful like 8hours of gameplay. Than even worse like 12hours of gameplay. And I was extra careful the second time. I saved and quit after every save to make sure it was sticking. I was exiting the game and reloading it.

But at some randomly defined time the game would just freeze and i'd have to hard reboot the system. And when it came back on. The entire game would be reset. Like 7+ hours of the game just instantly gone and some random older save would be there.

How does one go about fixing this? I'd love to get into this game some more but, man that second time was pretty demotivating. I had a lot of attacks. Some really good ones. And spent a lot of time recruiting characters and getting my energy all up.

I use gateway and load it via the card. As a .3ds. I'm on 11.2 emunand

Last edited by Ragin,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I'm really loving this game. The large roster of characters. The RPG aspect. The collect em all type of deal. And the really unique battle system.

However I first played a good handful like 8hours of gameplay. Than even worse like 12hours of gameplay. And I was extra careful the second time. I saved and quit after every save to make sure it was sticking. I was exiting the game and reloading it.

But at some randomly defined time the game would just freeze and i'd have to hard reboot the system. And when it came back on. The entire game would be reset. Like 7+ hours of the game just instantly gone and some random older save would be there.

How does one go about fixing this? I'd love to get into this game some more but, man that second time was pretty demotivating. I had a lot of attacks. Some really good ones. And spent a lot of time recruiting characters and getting my energy all up.

I use gateway and load it via the card. As a .3ds. I'm on 11.2 emunand
The crash is probably due to a game bug. However, if you used a .CIA of the game you would likely not experience save loss. A downside of Gateway is that it only writes the save when the game is closed. If the system crashes completely (so that the game cannot be closed) the save is never written.

Ragin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But thats what I was reporting Real Jdbyte. That I was save and quitting actually to the 3ds main menu everytime. To insure it was being written. I have been trying to avoid doing CiAs of late simply because my backplate is all effed up. I've been doing so many cias i need to buy myself a new backplate. But actually yes the first time the adventure bonus was indeed the cause. But the 2nd time that simply wasnt the case. I was using the team edit box. And it crashed upon exiting the team box when i accidently had a slip of the finger and hit a few buttons at once.

Ragin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The crash is probably due to a game bug. However, if you used a .CIA of the game you would likely not experience save loss. A downside of Gateway is that it only writes the save when the game is closed. If the system crashes completely (so that the game cannot be closed) the save is never written.

I've decided to try out the CIA. I was really hoping that the bug I was experiencing wasn't the game itself. It's really sad for a game so unique to have such game crushing bugs. Crashes on a console or handheld is about as bad a bug as you can get.

BenqUser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing on cia and only encountered one crash so far. On That daily bonus machine thing. Lost my Gohan and Videl because of that. My advice is stay away from the machine until they released the update next january.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/