Dragon Warrior (Quest) 7 issues

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Harley2280, Dec 24, 2012.

Dec 24, 2012
    • Newcomer

Harley2280 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I can get the game running, but when it does there's no text, or menus. It's just the music with a blue background after the title screen.

I'm running CFW Pro-C 6.60, and I have popsloader, but anytime I try to use a pops other then the one from flash, the PSP just goes black and then turns off.

I've been trying forever trying to get this game to work, I'm stumped and need help.

FailName ░▒▓█▓▒░

Message Count:
    United States
    Use popsloader v3 or the unofficial v4g.

I'm assuming you did the same thing as I did to get DW7 to work, which was follow this guide and assume I was already on v3 because the installer linked to it says v3, so I disregarded the "POPsloader v1" that came up in the pops selection menu. Turned out I was actually on v1.
    Going back right now, the modified dates on the /seplugins/popsloader folder of the setup files match v3's dates, but after running the installer, v1 files must have replaced them.
    • Newcomer

Harley2280 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I downloaded the v4g, but I'm not sure what to do from there. None of those files looking like what I got from the guide.

Clydefrosch New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    you might as well give up, i've tried to get this to start with v4g, using every version of pops selectable, besides original from flash, none of them even start the game, they just crash the psp

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I had a right hassle to get this to work but it DOES work, its a specific version of POPS to get it to work correctly. 4.01 is the ONLY one i could get it to work.

Also, depending on how and where you obtained the game, there are a SHED load of dodgy unworking versions out there.

Probably cant link to where to get a working version from. But google "" and you'll find a working version on there.
    Last edited by kristianity77, Dec 25, 2012

Clydefrosch New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    thats already too much information to give here. also, thats one of 3 versions of the game i tried, didnt work either

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by kristianity77, Dec 25, 2012

FailName ░▒▓█▓▒░

Message Count:
    United States
    Take everything inside the dist folder and replace everything in /seplugins/popsloader of your memory with it. After holding R when booting the game, it should "popsloader ME/PRO mod v4g", or something like that.

I can confirm it works on a 3000 with 6.60 Pro C using 3.52 pops...It didn't work when I tried to convert it myself, but it worked when I downloaded a preconverted one.
    • Newcomer

Harley2280 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Sorry it took me so long to respond to you guys, I've been away for the holidays. Anyways, thank you so much this got it to work, and now I can finally play.
    • Newcomer

TalOrtRal New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Just wanted to share my experience getting this to work since it's been the biggest pain I've ever encountered in a couple decades of emulating.

I'm running a PSP 1000. A couple years ago, I drove myself crazy trying to get DW7 to run correctly. When it would run at all, I'd get the solid blue block with invisible text everyone runs into. I upgraded to CFW 6.60 PRO-C and tried EBOOTs from many sources. I was using Popsloader v3 because that's what most popsloader guides describe. After tons of attempts and trying out all the pops settings, I gave up.

Today, I did some more reading and upgraded to Popsloader v4g. I started trying the popular pops settings and on 3.71, it works! So far, no issues.

SPONSORED LINKS