Anyone else do something like this?

• Total voters

phreaksho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently acquired dragon quest XI for the 3ds and thought instead of just playing it and trying to guess what is going on, (I have absolutely no experience reading any foreign language) I thought about using some translation tools from the net. Downloaded Google translate and tested it out with dq. Although the app didn't translate very well with the auto camera option, taking a snapshot of every piece of dialog worked out pretty well. This caused the beginning of the game to be way longer than it should've, and also resulted in a headache. But I actually knew what was going on dispite all the little things that didn't seem to make since, like words 'me' and 'you' were occasionally swapped and there was the occasional slip that made the items option called 'eggplant' or something like that. I do hope all versions of XI come to the west so I don't have to play the whole game like this:wacko:.

Overall, thought this was pretty neat and felt like sharing. ^_^

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Dude just wait 6-8 months for the official release. It is going to happen i assure you. Just be patient! that is what i intend to do in regards to DQ11.

DQ 10 on the other hand i am quite concerned about in regards to an official localisation.

Either ways i hope we see that game brought to the west too within the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,
Reactions: phreaksho

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude just wait 6-8 months for the official release. It is going to happen i assure you. Just be patient! that is what i intend to do in regards to DQ11.

DQ 10 on the other hand i am quite concerned about in regards to an official localisation.

Either ways i hope we see that game brought to the west too within the next 2-3 years.
Looks like DQXI isn't being localised at all

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for 3ds, but they just announced the localization for PS4 and PC, with Switch coming later. It isn't coming west for 3ds, which sucks, but it is being localized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1