Dragon Quest Builders - Western release announcement

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the beloved DRAGON QUEST series, Square Enix Ltd., today announced that the latest entry in the series, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS, will arrive in Europe, PAL territories and North America in October 2016. In this all-new building adventure, players will use their creativity to build a variety of unique tools from the materials they gather, and rebuild towns and cities to restore life to the shattered world of Alefgard– a human realm destroyed and plunged into darkness by the menacing ruler of the monsters, the Dragonlord.

In DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS, players are tasked to construct a wide variety of structures as they receive ever-more extravagant requests from expectant citizens eager to find a new home. Explore with the freedom of sandbox gameplay, combined with an immersive and charming DRAGON QUEST story – battling with iconic DRAGON QUEST monsters and interacting with gorgeously designed 3D characters along the way. With an intuitive control system, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS will have you building the towers and castles of your dreams in no time!

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS will arrive in Europe, PAL territories and North America in October 2016 for the PlayStation 4 Computer Entertainment System and PlayStation Vita (digital only).

:arrow:Dragon Quest Builders Official Site

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After what a piece of shit the DQ Dynasty Warriors spinoff was...colour me skeptical of this game.

I can barely find any good videos on it. The ones I do find it looks sooo boring. The fact it has no multiplayer pretty much just kills it. The only reason minecraft was ever fun for more than 10 minutes was because you could play with other people.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After what a piece of shit the DQ Dynasty Warriors spinoff was...colour me skeptical of this game.

I can barely find any good videos on it. The ones I do find it looks sooo boring. The fact it has no multiplayer pretty much just kills it. The only reason minecraft was ever fun for more than 10 minutes was because you could play with other people.

While I respect your opinion, i thought the Heroes game did well enough for itself. I don't really like musou games, but I genuinely enjoyed heroes.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have much rather preferred this on the PC, especially if there are enemies like creepers that require quick reflexes that controllers aren't conducive for (at least for me). I'll still probably get it though. I just wish these companies would stop making digital-only Vita games. If the game is crap (or even if it's good but not worth holding onto for a possible second playthrough) you can't resell it. Then again... I might have a PS4 by October, depending on the Persona 5(and/or FFVII:R) news we get at E3.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Xygrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the vita is not region locked, I have been playing the Japanese cartridge version for a while now...
Not exactly minecraft... Watching the town grow by your hand with the slow addition of NPC's... very rewarding...
Some very nice story elements. It seems a little like animal crossing in that aspect.
I have to watch some of the videos online to understand some of the "quests"... specifics...
I did not think we would see an English version, and this is my one and only import game.
I will buy the English version, as I can see this having a lot of replay value.
Five stars out of Five... I may be biased a little, as I tend toward jrpg's and such.

The only problem with import games on the vita is the X and O keys are reversed. (very annoying)

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the vita is not region locked, I have been playing the Japanese cartridge version for a while now...
Not exactly minecraft... Watching the town grow by your hand with the slow addition of NPC's... very rewarding...
Some very nice story elements. It seems a little like animal crossing in that aspect.
I have to watch some of the videos online to understand some of the "quests"... specifics...
I did not think we would see an English version, and this is my one and only import game.
I will buy the English version, as I can see this having a lot of replay value.
Five stars out of Five... I may be biased a little, as I tend toward jrpg's and such.

The only problem with import games on the vita is the X and O keys are reversed. (very annoying)
I almost was about to import it for ps4 about a month ago but never did now I'm glad I didn't but even if I did I mean c'mon it's DQ so I wouldn't be upset :P

Reactions: BORTZ

Trophies
XP
Country
i play the demo off jp store psn and i can confirm it is very fun to play, good controls, nice looking world, the story campaign is nice, the characters are very cute.

Deffinently play the game, its perfect for ps4 or vita. I will buy both 2bh, thanks i am loking forward to this game

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have much rather preferred this on the PC, especially if there are enemies like creepers that require quick reflexes that controllers aren't conducive for (at least for me). I'll still probably get it though. I just wish these companies would stop making digital-only Vita games. If the game is crap (or even if it's good but not worth holding onto for a possible second playthrough) you can't resell it. Then again... I might have a PS4 by October, depending on the Persona 5(and/or FFVII:R) news we get at E3.
No PC release, no interest from me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: