Dragon Quest Builders Demo Available on PlayStation Store

dragon_quest_builders_logo.png

As from today, the new DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ demo is available on the PlayStation Store.

Here's what you can do in the demo:

In this introductory chapter of the game, players can explore a large open island, restore and town and battle hordes of monsters all while completing exciting quests!

The plot of the actual game is as follows:

In DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS, players will use their creativity to build a variety of unique tools from the materials they gather, and rebuild towns and cities to restore life to the shattered world of Alefgard– a human realm destroyed and plunged into darkness by the menacing ruler of the monsters, the Dragonlord. Explore with the freedom of sandbox gameplay, combined with an immersive and charming DRAGON QUEST® story – battling with iconic DRAGON QUEST monsters and interacting with gorgeously designed 3D characters along the way. With an intuitive control system, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS will have you building the towers and castles of your dreams in no time!

Check out the recently released “What is DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS?” trailer below:

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS will arrive in Europe and PAL territories in 14th October 2016 for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita (digital only).

:arrow: Source: GBATemp mailbox

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
You wanna wait for the game to be released to play it or something? Or wait for a dump of the demo to try it? :creep:
Either way, if you have a ps3, you can transfer the demo without updating the console. Or you can just wait i guess.:yayps3:
I actually couldn't find it on the PS3's PSN, though I'll admit I completely forgot that was an option until you mentioned it.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't like Minecraft but I really like the demo so far on Vita. I'm just hoping it's not more than 30$ when it's out on the 11th.
PSN prices have really spiked and the new pricing is too expensive for a handheld*.

*in my opinion

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually couldn't find it on the PS3's PSN, though I'll admit I completely forgot that was an option until you mentioned it.
It should be, did you use search or was you manually browsing for it? :unsure:
I don't like Minecraft but I really like the demo so far on Vita. I'm just hoping it's not more than 30$ when it's out on the 11th.
PSN prices have really spiked and the new pricing is too expensive for a handheld*.

*in my opinion
Initial MSP for mobile games (Usually 3DS an PSvita) Are $40, very rare it would cost more.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
a ps vita is much cheaper and an excellent option too.

I thought about getting a Vita, but a basic unit costs around 200$, then you need one of those damn expensive memory cards
and accessories so add another $100. It's so expensive, I may as well get a PS4 or save some more for the pro. The Vita's pricing never made
sense...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita's pricing never made
sense...
Does it not? Priority Memory cards that only sony makes are just like memory cards for PS2, PS1 and gamecube, except Other companies have made memory cards for those console and sold them for better prices.

Sony controls all aspects of the vita including the cards the games are on and the memory cards used for it. Seeing how the entire makeup is their own personal encryption, is not easy for third party to do much in the first place. They know this as fact and can charge ironic prices for the stuff, For a console that is probably not even over 50% more powerful than PSP, it has rather expensive hard ware, including, gps, 3G capible, sim cards, gyrosensor, built in dual cameras, touch screen and touch pad, wifi, bluetooth, and in some cases augmented reality, with led screens, and rechargeable battery that is probably no better than PSP, but performance is probably not even over 50% better comapred to PSP.

In all honestly, i failed to see how it could even be successor to PSP, with the focus being many games work with either psp or ps4 in some way, it doesn't even define itself enough to be exclusive, most games on ps4/ps3 have vita games or "Cross-buy, cross-save" Which makes me think is just a budget option for one of the two consoles. While PSP had games ported to PS3, it was designed for psp first and the PSvita games that have ps4 ports have been designed for a console, and modified to work for mobile setting, in my opinion, perhaps is why it has such pricetags that is almost somewhat close to console option.:unsure:

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I thought about getting a Vita, but a basic unit costs around 200$, then you need one of those damn expensive memory cards
and accessories so add another $100. It's so expensive, I may as well get a PS4 or save some more for the pro. The Vita's pricing never made
sense...
Well, in 2013 I bought the white Vita bundle that came with assassin's creed liberation and a 4GB card for around $250 USD ($170000 chilean pesos), if you plan on getting only physical games this is enough. latter on when I started getting digital games thanks to psplus I upgraded to a 16GB card for around $45 USD ($30000 chilean pesos) and with that I had plenty of space. after some more time I ordered a 64GB card from japan for $90 USD including shipping just because I could afford it at that time. The demo of DQ: Builder size is 256MB so I expect the full game to be around 1.5GB, maybe less, so you should be fine with a 4GB card.

All that while I bought my PS4 for around $485 USD ($320000 chilean pesos) at launch day and hasn't got much cheaper (on the contrary, I've seen PS4 selling for 1.5 times more).

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, in 2013 I bought the white Vita bundle that came with assassin's creed liberation and a 4GB card for around $250 USD ($170000 chilean pesos), if you plan on getting only physical games this is enough. latter on when I started getting digital games thanks to psplus I upgraded to a 16GB card for around $45 USD ($30000 chilean pesos) and with that I had plenty of space. after some more time I ordered a 64GB card from japan for $90 USD including shipping just because I could afford it at that time. The demo of DQ: Builder size is 256MB so I expect the full game to be around 1.5GB, maybe less, so you should be fine with a 4GB card.

All that while I bought my PS4 for around $485 USD ($320000 chilean pesos) at launch day and hasn't got much cheaper (on the contrary, I've seen PS4 selling for 1.5 times more).

Thanks for the info, that white Vita looks really sexy but I think the OLED one has proprietary cables so it may be better to go for a newer slim.

@Sonic Angel Knight
Yea charging 90$ for a slow 64GB memory card when you can get much faster ones for 20$ is asinine, I understand Sony wanted to fight
piracy but did they need to screw over their fan base? A PSP + Memory card used to cost almost 400$! How retarded can they be with the
3DS as their competition??

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want to know WTF the game is not compatible with the Playstation TV.
Why? Does it need to be? The psvita tv does not support every game cause of missing componets like gyrosensor, cameras for augmented reality and such, while it does support touch screen and rear touch bad, is not nearly as good as the real thing, using dual analog sticks for touch, swipe, pinch and bump, is not capiable of every game, even uncharted cannont be finished from start to end due to one part with the 4th wall break of holding the PSvita up to a lightbulb, and blowing into the mic. But if you really want to.... *Stares at henkaku whitelist app* :rolleyes:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...cked-games-on-the-playstation-vita-tv.437346/

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whitelist doesn't seem to work on it yet. And there is nothing in Builders that can't be used on the PS TV... After all it's on the PS4 with no Gyro or Touch pad use.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whitelist doesn't seem to work on it yet. And there is nothing in Builders that can't be used on the PS TV... After all it's on the PS4 with no Gyro or Touch pad use.
I thought the white list is supposed to fix all games to work on PSTV... Then just wait for the game to release, maybe it will work for pstv then. :mellow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr