Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 lands on the Switch in Fall 2017

dragon ball switch.jpg

According to a recent tweet from the official Bandai Namco twitter account, the successful title from the popular anime is coming for the Nintendo Switch this fall. The game will feature Ad-hoc play, motion controls, 2P battle on 1 system w/ 1 joy con each.

:arrow: SOURCE

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Played this on Xbox but couldn't get into it, ended up with 1 hour or so.

Might be one of the best fighting games available for switch at its time of release though.

D

Deleted User

Too bad I don't know anyone with a switch. I would totally buy a switch just to rebuy this game for the lanplay

Tokiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
still hoping that Dragonball Online one day gets an official release in english (and not the crappy private server)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I ninja'd you by a week. More importantly the game's release date is set for October 21st in Japan. Comes with the first games story in the form of time vault scrolls, plus all of it's parrell quest. Rumored that the other consoles will have to pay for 19.99 upgrade pack for them to recieve the xbx content.
Your topic's title was "Dbx2" and the only people who understood what it was about was a few Dragon Ball fans such as myself.

Already have this game on PC. Why not release a new series game? Rather then making the same old game again?

Cheaper than developing a brand new Dragon Ball game and then risk the sales being absolute shit.

The Switch is starting to become the Switch U
Just getting ports of games everyone already owns.

Wii U Pro.

D

Deleted User

I can get this on every other console and PC, why get this on objectively the inferior experience?
What? You don't want to play an MMO a year late on a 720p tablet?

The Switch is starting to become the Switch U
Just getting ports of games everyone already owns.
Was it ever not? The first and only worth while release was also on the Wii U, same shit different smell

Last edited by ,

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good time for launch of this game on the Switch, this fall 1st party titles are pretty dry aside from Fire Emblem Warriors in which I don't plan on getting.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't they make another regular Budokai game though? Why do they all have to have this awkward semi-3D 2D fighter gameplay with terrible lock-on camera? Budokai 1, 2 and 3 were excellent.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Yeah how dare nintendo not release this a year ago when the switch wasnt even released yet!!1!
Bandai. Not Nintendo.

Why don't they make another regular Budokai game though? Why do they all have to have this awkward semi-3D 2D fighter gameplay with terrible lock-on camera? Budokai 1, 2 and 3 were excellent.
It's not a mainstream console and they're not going to take a huge risk if it ends up tanking in sales. I'd love to see "Burst Limit 2" or a "Budokai 4" on a current-gen console.

Infinite World was basically Budokai 3.5 just as Xenoverse 2 is Xenoverse 1.5.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Last I heard Switch sells rather well and a Budokai game should technically have less content than a game like Xenoverse, plus Nintendo probably still wants to support third party exclusives down the road unless that was an Iwata-only thing.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Last I heard Switch sells rather well and a Budokai game should technically have less content than a game like Xenoverse, plus Nintendo probably still wants to support third party exclusives down the road unless that was an Iwata-only thing.
If it were selling really well it would have third party support left and right. Not the case.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

My sarcastic comment still stands, bandai couldnt have released this game a year ago with all the other releases of this game because the switch wasnt even out yet a year ago
Bandai did the right thing back then because barely anyone would have bought it.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoverse 1 turned out alright. A friend of mine had the game so I tried it. It looked very similar to Battle of Z for my Vita. Haven't looked into XV2 so I may get this game.

I quite didn't like the Budakai Tenkaichi series. Those games were so unbalanced and almost every character are clones of each other. -o-'''

That is absolutely true, but for a DBZ fan they were amazing, especially BECAUSE of all the near-dupe characters. They had subtle differences which mirrored every single change the characters went through in the show, so you could do match-ups like ep.37 piccolo vs ep.130 gohan, etc.

This is my issue with games like the new Gundam vs Gundam titles, they sacrifice staying faithful to the shows by trying to balance everything, and it makes for an awful experience and ARGHHH don't mind me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1