Downloading series or watching them online?

Do you download series/films or watch them online?

• Download them

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Watch them online

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

KamikazeEsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Idk if this thread is allowed in gbatemp :ha:, but would like to know opinions about: do you download series/films or watch them online? Give reasons please.
Also, if you download, after watching it you save that lovely chapter/film or you delete it?

i.e.: watching them online is easy, you just google it and watch it; but if you download them, you can watch it wherever you want but it can get lots of storage if you save several files...

Last edited by KamikazeEsp,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Always download whenever sufficiently convenient, you never know if the video you wanted to watch (or watched and liked) will be there tomorrow (regardless of legality, I've been burned multiple times on this point)

Besides there's no realistic video streaming on PSP :D

Last edited by Ryccardo,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've got TBs of space so I download me series.
I fucking hate advertisements and other bullshit they air on telly.

Not to mention that some series get made, won't get a DVD/BD release and just disappear for good.
Digital archiving the best.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i download my tv shows, but i do so from the streaming websites like openload and thevideo
because those websites stutter the shit out of those videos and they work fine in vlc

Reactions: DinohScene

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless it's netflix or a similar service, streaming is utter garbage.
Even then, you get a more consistent experience from downloading a series. I download all series I watch.
Plus god forbid my internet goes out, I can still watch things.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I download anything and everything. I despise streaming because buffering is inevitable and then there are usually dozens of adverts some of which are just filthy. Oh and some sites only offer the download option so yeah....

But i do delete all anime, tv shows or movies that i download after i am done with them. So i guess i do have some morals or even guilt maybe? when it comes to downloading.

Reactions: DinohScene

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's just TV/movies or subbed anime I usually just stream it. But if I'm trying to watch raw/Japanese sub anime I'm forced to download it because I can't any site that streams it

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to download. Sure, I don't have access to everything ever filmed if the internet or power goes out, but at least I have most or all of my favorite things, which I can watch either on my PC or a mobile device.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well speaking on the anime side if your service doesn't have the anime you want go stream. It boils down to a reliable stream source that has multiple players suitable for your connection.
For my fellow anime fans http://anilinkz.to/ is my #1 place to go for all anime neatly categorized always updated daily

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both. I'll stream if it's available and convenient enough. We have subscriptions to Netflix (rarely my bag) and Crunchyroll and sometime the ever worsening Kodi selection still makes due. I still download some anime and a bunch of tokusatsu of which there is no other way to view.

Nyako

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nyako.gay
XP
Country
Canada
The question is like "Downloading the Emoji movie" or "Watching the Emoji movie legally"
WHY NOT DO BOTH

uh, I don't really do either to be honest.
...Mostly because I'm always busy.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi