ROM Hack Downloading and booting free DsiWare games from SD Card.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 56,288
  • Replies 18
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Alright, so, let's just get straight to the point here. If any of you reading this have bought ANY DsiWare whatsoever-other than the 2 Brain Age games that come with XL, please go to you settings menu, data management and copy all of your DsiWare games into your SD card. Then insert the SD Card into your computer and do the following; My Computer>Right-Click the SD Card>Click Properties>Tools>Back-up Now. Then back-up your entire SD card and save it to your desktop.

Make sure to copy all data onto your computer and formatting your card to make sure nothing personal-like pictures gets on. Then compress the back-up and upload it onto media fire and either comment the link below or mail it to me at [email protected]. I am doing this so that I can figure out a way to play DsiWare other people bought on different Dsi's. Make sure you use the back-up system and not just copy the 'private' folder and mail it.

I believe the DSI also flashes the content to make sure it is genuine once you try to restore it. I believe that using the back-up system may also capture the flashed content. Imagine, if we could just share each others games-we would no longer have to pay so much to do this. If you have any questions, feel free to mail me.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS IS TO NOT BUY A FLASHCARD! :/ Also, DsiWare are too cool for flahcards. I also wanna hack the OS and creat a Cydia like program-but Idk how to do anything like that. It'd be cool if you could use the SD card to boost RAM.

Posts merged

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS IS TO NOT
BUY A FLASHCARD! :/ Also, DsiWare are too cool for flahcards. I also wanna hack the OS and creat a Cydia like program-but Idk how to do anything like that. It'd be cool if you could use the SD card to boost RAM.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
LOL, This isn't going to work. Everytime you download DSiware, it compiles itself when you download it with a key specific to each DSi. When you run a DSiWare file compiled in another DSi, the key is different and it will not be read. The only way to play it is to find the common key used by Nintendo to test systems and compile them using that. By compiling, I mean packing into the DSiWare container format.
A different way to explain that is that every time you download DSiWare, your DSi Encrypts it with a key specific to it's system. When run on another DSi, it cannon't decrypt it. As for builing a cydia like program, no one knows how to run, let alone code custom DSi Channels

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I almost bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 the other day to dump it for the scene, but then I decided against it thinking someone would get to it today or yesterday. Seems I was wrong

WHOA how did this get here?!...

-Z

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
wouldn't that mean then that the decryption algorythm is buried in the dsi firmware itself?
I wonder if updates to the firmware then change said key or if it hardcoded...say like the dsi's ip address.
May need to see If I can find a dumped firmware. It is just an os after all...

D

Deleted User

OP
ron975 said:
LOL, This isn't going to work. Everytime you download DSiware, it compiles itself when you download it with a key specific to each DSi. When you run a DSiWare file compiled in another DSi, the key is different and it will not be read. The only way to play it is to find the common key used by Nintendo to test systems and compile them using that. By compiling, I mean packing into the DSiWare container format.
A different way to explain that is that every time you download DSiWare, your DSi Encrypts it with a key specific to it's system. When run on another DSi, it cannon't decrypt it. As for builing a cydia like program, no one knows how to run, let alone code custom DSi Channels
Did you really think I didn't know that? What I'm trying to is make the Dsi think it's either Brain Age or the Opera Browser. Now why don't ya all stop arguing with me and acctually contribute something? :/ (Sorry if I was rude)

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nobody is working on this and WTF is happened with team twiizers .
they showed us a video of a hacked game and then we never heard anything from them.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Roguezz said:
ron975 said:
Did you really think I didn't know that? What I'm trying to is make the Dsi think it's either Brain Age or the Opera Browser. Now why don't ya all stop arguing with me and acctually contribute something? :/ (Sorry if I was rude)
It largely has to do with your post count, many people subconsciously or not think that a person knows nothing about a certain subject if their post count is low (i.e. noob).

I've posted about several subjects on forums where my opinion wasn't even acknowledged, but when someone with a higher post count said the exact same thing, everyone completely agreed with him.

So don't worry about it too much, expect an e-mail from me with my DSi-Ware soon.

~Monty

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Roguezz said:
Did you really think I didn't know that?Yes. Based on your question, it's easy to realize you don't know much about this subject (or bothered to read anything on this over the past few years).
Roguezz said:
What I'm trying to is make the Dsi think it's either Brain Age or the Opera Browser. Now why don't ya all stop arguing with me and acctually contribute something? :/ (Sorry if I was rude)IF you could make the DSi think your homebrew app/game/whatever is Brain Age Express and the Opera Browser then IT WOULD ALSO EXPECT IT TO BE ENCRYPTED WITH THE DSi's KEY, so unless you can get the key there's no point.
And if you DO get the key... it only works on ONE system.

stylow said:
nobody is working on this and WTF is happened with team twiizers .
they showed us a video of a hacked game and then we never heard anything from them.
twiizers showed a save exploit that ran a TINY bit of code, possibly the same hack that Wintermute put out: http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=8137
The problem with that was it was really TOO small to be of any real use, but opened up the possibilities for a better exploit to be found... which it did: http://davejmurphy.com/dsi-mode-homebrew-anyone/
Now code can be injected via WiFi, but is still pretty limited.

QUOTE(Monty Kensicle @ Nov 20 2010, 01:29 PM)
It largely has to do with your post count, many people subconsciously or not think that a person knows nothing about a certain subject if their post count is low (i.e. noob).
More to do with the noob question that was asked, has been answered many times and is relatively easily searchable.

D

Deleted User

OP
Monty Kensicle said:
Roguezz said:
ron975 said:

I've posted about several subjects on forums where my opinion wasn't even acknowledged, but when someone with a higher post count said the exact same thing, everyone completely agreed with him.

So don't worry about it too much, expect an e-mail from me with my DSi-Ware soon.

~Monty
Thanks man!
smile.gif
I guess I'll have to post more then, eh? And the dude above me-whatever. Gravity was discovered by an apple crashing on a dude's head, so who says a hack can't be discovered by a system crash?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course hacks can be discovered from system crashes, that's actually one main path.

However getting DSiWare to function on another DSi is sort of pointless, as you'd need both a way to decrypt the contents, and a modified firmware for the other DSi to run unsigned shit.

D

Deleted User

OP
Rydian said:
Of course hacks can be discovered from system crashes, that's actually one main path.

However getting DSiWare to function on another DSi is sort of pointless, as you'd need both a way to decrypt the contents, and a modified firmware for the other DSi to run unsigned shit.
Well, I still wanna do it anyways. It'd be cool to get free DsiWare. I bought a DSI XL this September.
I doubt I could get a 3DS that soon. And the dude above me-lol.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: