Hacking Download the NEW NUSGrabberGUI

Do you like the design elements of the new NUSGrabberGUI?

• Yes!

Votes: 67 66.3%
  • Some, yes.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • No.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • CHANGE IT BACK!

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i dont know why you reply to messages reporting an error while downloading with the fact that the downloads are encrypted ? when updating wiiu games with WUPInstaller you need encrypted downloads but they sould not report an error if they are complete because it scares the ppl to try

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With this program, you download ENcrypted updates. They are designed to install to the Wii U via WUPInstaller. If you want the folders (for modding or whatever you want to do), then you can hit the Decrypt button to DEcrypt the title data into it's original format, which are the folders.
I switched that one around. Thank you.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
i dont know why you reply to messages reporting an error while downloading with the fact that the downloads are encrypted ? when updating wiiu games with WUPInstaller you need encrypted downloads but they sould not report an error if they are complete because it scares the ppl to try
Like I said, I'm fixing that bug. I replied to them to alleviate any fears that they were getting incomplete downloads.

Reactions: FunThomas

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FoxMcloud5655
Hey, just found this thanks to somebody else having a problem using WI, seems like it works pretty good. Thanks for spending some of your time on this.

I did have one question though, do you think it's possible to speed up parsing? It seems a little slow currently. Is it parsing directly from the internet? I noticed my network stayed active while it was parsing. Would it not be faster to cache the list, parse, then delete cache?

Also, I think the page color on the tabs is a little redundant. I mean, the tabs tell us what each page is for. Just my opinion, leaving some feedback. Thanks again!

Last edited by EclipseSin,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
@FoxMcloud5655
Hey, just found this thanks to somebody else having a problem using WI, seems like it works pretty good. Thanks for spending some of your time on this.

I did have one question though, do you think it's possible to speed up parsing? It seems a little slow currently. Is it parsing directly from the internet? I noticed my network stayed active while it was parsing. Would it not be faster to cache the list, parse, then delete cache?

Also, I think the page color on the tabs is a little redundant. I mean, the tabs tell us what each page is for. Just my opinion, leaving some feedback. Thanks again!
Thanks for the feedback! Parsing is done directly on Nintendo's lists. The actual parsing is done superfast, it's just getting to the lists which takes forever. You're right, I could download all of the lists and parse them... However, since it takes forever to download each individual list anyways, I figured to save on memory and disk writing, that doing it all at once while it's in memory would be better.

For the page color, it wasn't my idea. When it was in the design phase, I asked people's opinions about it, and they told me that they would rather have the colors like the old NUSGrabber GUI, and since they were used to that, they would know exactly what page they were on in just a glance, if they happened to leave their computer and come back after the download or something.

I'll try experimenting with the caching, and see if that improves the speed any, but I doubt it. If it does, then I'll push out an update :)

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,
Reactions: WiiuGold

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
@FoxMcloud5655 don't know if this has been asked before, but can you please remove the always on top flag for the app? thanks
It has... If people really don't like it that much, I can remove it. Anyone else don't like it? I'll remove it on the next update if one other person doesn't like it.

Reactions: Garou and FunThomas

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it would also be nice if there would be a logfile for the downloads created to see the errors?

Last time i had an error message but the download was complete
-> in that postion a logfile would be helpful

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
it would also be nice if there would be a logfile for the downloads created to see the errors?

Last time i had an error message but the download was complete
-> in that postion a logfile would be helpful
I understand... Most of those errors were because I didn't check if NUSgrabber (commandline version) was done. Maybe when I get to a stable build, I'll add a log.

Reactions: FunThomas

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
the exe file size now 1.85 MB from the previous 93 kB? :D
btw the auto update does not work for me. it crashes with the following error

error said:
Application: NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(System.String, System.String, Boolean)
at NUSGrabberGUI.NUSGrabberForm.CheckForUpdates(Boolean)
at NUSGrabberGUI.NUSGrabberForm..ctor()
at NUSGrabberGUI.Program.Main()

and I got a question, we can use this to download game update to be used with loadiine or not?
if it is, so I just decrypt using proper title key and merge all the code, content and meta folders to my current loadiine game folder?
edit. found the answer on the other thread, and apparently it's correct

Last edited by Garou,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been able to download and apply updates using this. One question, I have the wii u common key but when I try and decrypt with this program it asks for a bin file. Where do I get that or how do I make it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind I used a hex editor and created a file called ckey.bin with the common key in it. That worked.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the update check is still strange it says i have 0,61 and the newest update is 61 -> Would you like to update ?

and i get an "unknown problem while downloading" when trying to get mario kart 8 EUR update v16 :(

Last edited by FunThomas,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
the exe file size now 1.85 MB from the previous 93 kB? :D
btw the auto update does not work for me. it crashes with the following error
Application: NEW-NUSGrabberGUI.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(System.String, System.String, Boolean)
at NUSGrabberGUI.NUSGrabberForm.CheckForUpdates(Boolean)
at NUSGrabberGUI.NUSGrabberForm..ctor()
at NUSGrabberGUI.Program.Main()
and I got a question, we can use this to download game update to be used with loadiine or not?
if it is, so I just decrypt using proper title key and merge all the code, content and meta folders to my current loadiine game folder?
edit. found the answer on the other thread, and apparently it's correct
Yes :) The file size has increased because it's now a self-deployable app. You don't need anything else other than the exe to run it. However, it does leave the tools behind (it doesn't delete them) so you can update the tools or use them manually if you want to.
I don't know why the auto-update crashed... But I'll look into it.
I know you found the answer already, but yes. And that's exactly how you do it :)

So I have been able to download and apply updates using this. One question, I have the wii u common key but when I try and decrypt with this program it asks for a bin file. Where do I get that or how do I make it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind I used a hex editor and created a file called ckey.bin with the common key in it. That worked.
Yes :) That's what you do. You can actually name it anything you want (I have mine as "WiiUCommonKey.bin" on an external flash drive), but the common key is normally named "ckey.bin".
the update check is still strange it says i have 0,61 and the newest update is 61 -> Would you like to update ?

and i get an "unknown problem while downloading" when trying to get mario kart 8 EUR update v16 :(
Really? Hmm... Sorry! Let me go fix that. About the Mario Kart 8 update... Did a black box appear, download a bunch of files, but then my app say that there was an unknown problem?

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,
Reactions: Garou

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really? Hmm... Sorry! Let me go fix that. About the Mario Kart 8 update... Did a black box appear, download a bunch of files, but then my app say that there was an unknown problem?
yes the DOS-WGet window opened and some files were downloaded and after completing the downloads the messagebox apeared with the "unknown problem" ;-)

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
yes the DOS-WGet window opened and some files were downloaded and after completing the downloads the messagebox apeared with the "unknown problem" ;-)
Interesting. Let me try to replicate that bug...

Well, I didn't see anything wrong. Everything worked just fine on my end.

Reactions: supermalloch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs