Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont have uhs2 or 3 to try that but I highly doubt that WiiUs slot would support that speed.
Thanks, no place to find proper sd slot specs ? :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well im using a 64gb sdhc right now for loadiine, i had to format it with a program i found online but i got it to work
Can you share the name of that program plz ?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In the future, we can use loadiine in offline ?
You already can given you self host your files. But as long as only entrypoint for the Wii U is through web browser and security of the Wii U is such that still can prevent unsigned packages running from the system and such, we probably have loadiine be the way it is.
The future can be bright but that is still under speculation until someone does some mad ass shit with the security in Wii U and whatnot. One step at the time.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
You already can given you self host your files. But as long as only entrypoint for the Wii U is through web browser and security of the Wii U is such that still can prevent unsigned packages running from the system and such, we probably have loadiine be the way it is.
The future can be bright but that is still under speculation until someone does some mad ass shit with the security in Wii U and whatnot. One step at the time.
I have not internet every day, i make all my stuff in offline.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
There's also SD card with wifi access point integrated to host webpage directly on it.
Interresting. Where can i get it ?

toshiba_pfw032u_1ccw_32gb_flashair_3_wireless_1431454822000_1148460.jpg

Last edited by chronoss,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Interresting. Where can i get it ?
just google SD wifi, there are a few different brands, you will need one that has direct HTTP access rather than proprietary software that only works on specific OS's.....i was looking at them a while back for the gateway exploit, there was one i found that should have worked, i think it was the "Toshiba air" cards, but just look into how they work before buying as i never actually bought one so idk tbh

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
At least for me your android phone has a local "router" in it for local hosting. Overall you can just run it on your PC and I am running two. Just a old laptop could also do it.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
At least for me your android phone has a local "router" in it for local hosting. Overall you can just run it on your PC and I am running two. Just a old laptop could also do it.
It's ok but if i give my console at my brother, i must give him with my phone ?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's ok but if i give my console at my brother, i must give him with my phone ?

Currently if you want to PIRATE games, he needs something to host the files with, or have internet access. You really do not need to get pissy about it like said this is the ONLY entryway and there is nothing else. You deal with it or don't deal with it and don't pirate your games. Easy way to enjoy your games without any additional hardware is to buy the disc; we were already nice enough about this. No need to start getting just pissy about it.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know I'm a bit late in trying loadiine, but I'm having some issues with two games:

-NES remix just shows the white screen when loading. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to, but 10-15 minutes seems overkill. This happens both with the miimaker and smash bros exploit.
-Super Mario 3D world gives the error in the attachment. Again: both with miimaker and smash bros

At first I thought this was either something with the games or myself making an error with the procedure somewhere, but Captain Toad works flawless and fast.
Oh, and I followed this guide, in case you're interested.

Does anyone have an idea? :-)

EDIT: for the latter, I found a solution in this thread. That's fixed now. :)

Attachments

• 20151118_184055.jpg
    20151118_184055.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by Taleweaver, , Reason: one problem solved

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

it's time for a new release v4.0 of loadiine. It was quite a lot of work and it includes many changes. The launching method is changed in the way that the games are loaded. We found a way of gaining kernel level execution on our own code. There is code now that runs directly from a hooked kernel function called PrepareTitle which setups the titles before launching. At this point the function is hooked by our method and the game is setup from the app.xml and cos.xml in the /code folder of the games on the SD card. If you have the correct values here, most if not all games do run in Mii Maker Mode or Smash Bros Mode. The only game, that we know of, that has an issue is Mario Kart 8, which fully works in Smash Bros Mode it seems but freezes if you exit the game to system menu and does not work at all in Mii Maker Mode. But its fully playable in Smash Bros Mode though. In fact all games that we tried with correct xml setup worked (big thanks to Cyan, n1ghty and MLT for doing so many tests).

There was also a big change on how the whole folder structure and project structure is layed out. Many functions were moved and put together. There is now only one ELF file which includes fs, menu, kernel and loader stuff in one.

Another huge change is that we setup now a region for our own code with supervisor level execution access. We setup an about 7,3 MB big area for our own code in the address 0x00800000. It is freely available for our use. With that huge amount of code space it is now possible to start a really nice looking GUI. Seeing as someone already did start that (which is quite nice), but it is unsure if that source code is ever gonna be release. Therefore we will start our own GUI in the next step.

If you want to check out what kind of changes there were in detail and how this all works (especially the part about the kernel code execution and the memory area (DBAT/IBAT) setup will be very interesting for some developers ;)), just checkout the new github source code.

As for VCs, well those should theoretically work all too. You just need the correct values in the XML files. Since those are usually not available, we will provide a way of dumping the important parts of the XML from the original titles you own. With those values you can create a custom cos.xml and app.xml and use them to launch the titles.

Have fun with the new stuff.
Dimok and Golden45

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great work, thanks for your efforts.
Hey everyone,
If you have the correct values here, most if not all games do run in Mii Maker Mode or Smash Bros Mode.
Just want to ask for one clarification please; does this mean that most if not all games will run whether we use Mii Maker Mode or SSB mode? (So the SSB disc is not needed any more, except for Mario Kart 8?)

Last edited by depaul,

r1cola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, thanks for your efforts.

Just want to ask for one clarification please; does this mean that most if not all games will run whether we use Mii Maker Mode or SSB mode? (So the SSB disc is not needed any more, except for Mario Kart 8?)

that's pretty much how I read it, yup!

Reactions: depaul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs