Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made some quick and dirty mockup of a gui. So i would prefer some simple grid like the original menu of the wiiu for the tv screen, something like this. (ofc some shadows better bg and well maybe some real designer could do this :P)
myc8rMI.jpg
You could use the original icons that we have in the meta folder anyways (iconTex.tga).
While hovering over games you could display additional info on the gamepad. Maybe in some future if we can have simple http access you could just fetch the data from gametdb, things like, # of players, controller support, game discription, rating... whatever. As background we could use the boot logo from the meta folder (bootDrcTex.tga). Here are some examples:
dVtDach.png
2jk1t7w.png
6eYUqHq.png

Again this is some quick and dirty stuff, and i'm definitely no designer in any way.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I try to make it again step by step, but nothing helps me, something strange...
1. Download scene release and extract files (all folders) from .wud with VGMToolBox.
Rename folder in Content/Common/mess/US_English to EU_English
Rename folder in Content/Common/Movie/US to EU
Rename all the files with US in the filename in the Content/Sound/Common folder to EU
(only, not renamed "NEXPY_SOUND_USMap" to EU, i have 2 files in the folder:
NEXPY_SOUND_EUMap - original, and NEXPY_SOUND_USMap - original)
3. Copy to SD, launch MiiMaker, launch the game, see white screen and then SD 150-3034 error.

How can i load loadiine with the server enabled?
Think.there is a bunch more in common/bin with usen in their name that need to be changed to euen

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think.there is a bunch more in common/bin with usen in their name that need to be changed to euen

Um. I didn't need to rename any files in that bin folder at all.?
I try to make it again step by step, but nothing helps me, something strange...
1. Download scene release and extract files (all folders) from .wud with VGMToolBox.
Rename folder in Content/Common/mess/US_English to EU_English
Rename folder in Content/Common/Movie/US to EU
Rename all the files with US in the filename in the Content/Sound/Common folder to EU
(only, not renamed "NEXPY_SOUND_USMap" to EU, i have 2 files in the folder:
NEXPY_SOUND_EUMap - original, and NEXPY_SOUND_USMap - original)
3. Copy to SD, launch MiiMaker, launch the game, see white screen and then SD 150-3034 error.

How can i load loadiine with the server enabled?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ under how to use loadiine server.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made some quick and dirty mockup of a gui. So i would prefer some simple grid like the original menu of the wiiu for the tv screen, something like this. (ofc some shadows better bg and well maybe some real designer could do this :P)
myc8rMI.jpg
You could use the original icons that we have in the meta folder anyways (iconTex.tga).
While hovering over games you could display additional info on the gamepad. Maybe in some future if we can have simple http access you could just fetch the data from gametdb, things like, # of players, controller support, game discription, rating... whatever. As background we could use the boot logo from the meta folder (bootDrcTex.tga). Here are some examples:
dVtDach.png
2jk1t7w.png
6eYUqHq.png

Again this is some quick and dirty stuff, and i'm definitely no designer in any way.

We had some similar ideas with the grid view with Maschell and Lustar but we though the grid should go to the gamepad in a menu similar to system menu. For TV we though a nice coverflow would be good.

I like your idea about the bootTvTex.tga and bootDrcTex.tga. Its definatelly something nice to have in the background when a game is selected and a preview is shown before launching it :). I probably will do that in some way.

Regarding the http access:
Yes we do have http access. Its also how the ELF is loaded. We even got https access since we use libcurl (RPL). I will implement autodownload of the game information (XML on gametdb) and game covers (also on game TDB). This of course will only be possible if the game ID is known. The game ID is information saved in the meta.xml. So if that one is available the covers can be auto downloaded. Alternatively I can offer getting the game ID from the folder name (e.g. "Some Game Name [GAMEID]").

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally really like the ideas and mockups ive seen so far. I think it might be a good idea to just use the xml info for title ID etc. It seems those are always preffered to have and increase compatibility further, plus (correct me if im wrong here). It seems like that title ID and many other info will be required for possible future development like potential online play or DLC anyway?

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Um. I didn't need to rename any files in that bin folder at all.?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ under how to use loadiine server.

I make it, and have the next log:

[listener] Listening on 7332
connected
[0] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4665
connected
[1] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4666
[1] Found invalid data while decoding.
[1] Exit
[0] Found invalid data while decoding.
[0] Exit
connected
[2] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4667
connected
[3] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4668
connected
[4] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4669
connected
[5] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4670
connected
[6] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4671
connected
[7] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4672
connected
[8] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4673
[2] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10051000/content/00/er
reula/erreula.pack")
connected
[9] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4674
[9] FSGetStat("/vol/save/")
[9] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/saves/Wii Party U/")
[9] FSGetStatAsync("/vol/external01/wiiu/saves/Wii Party U/")
connected
[10] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4675
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel.euru.bin")
[3] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/common/bin/kern
el.euru.bin")
connected
[11] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4676
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel.usen.bin")
[3] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/common/bin/kern
el.usen.bin")
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel.bin")
el.bin")
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel_gtx.euru.bin")
el_gtx.euru.bin")
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel_gtx.usen.bin")
el_gtx.usen.bin")
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel_gtx.usen.bin")
el_gtx.usen.bin")
[3] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/common/bin/kernel_gtx.bin")
el_gtx.bin")
[2] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/sound/common/nexpyVoice.bfsar")
[2] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/sound/common/ne
xpyVoice.bfsar")
[2] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/vocal/hdr.bin")
[2] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/vocal/hdr.bin")

[2] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/vocal/hdr.bin")
[2] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/vocal/hdr.bin")

connected
[12] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4677
[12] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/save/00050010/1004a200/user/common/d
b/FFL_HDB.dat")
[12] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/save/00050010/1004a200/user/common/d
b/FFL_ODB.dat")
b/FFL_ODB_OLD.dat")
connected
[13] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4678
connected
[14] Accepted connection from client 192.168.0.66:4679
[2] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/./common/mess/nexpy.msbp")
[2] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/common/mess/nex
py.msbp")
[2] FSOpenDirAsync("/vol/content/./common/mess/EU_Russia/RI.mstl")
[2] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/common/mess/EU_
Russia/RI.mstl")

When i renamed folder EU_English to EU_Russia the game starts, but it is on English language (but the game must start in russian)?!

Last edited by panther666,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol I don't know why the its trying to load EU_ Russia.
In my mess folder there is only EU_English, US_French, US_Spanish and nexpy.msbp

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
lol I don't know why the its trying to load EU_ Russia.
In my mess folder there is only EU_English, US_French, US_Spanish and nexpy.msbp

When i renamed folder EU_English to EU_Russia the game starts, but it is on English language (but the game must start in russian)?!

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Doesn't do that on my end? But it's booting for you now?

New problem - its booting but have an error 150-334 in all menus... :)
Now trying to fix it.
After renaming content/common/movie/EU/en/ to EU/ru/ - all games are working.

Where i can find not working SpaceInvaders game?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose it's looking for all the Russian files when there are none. I'm starting to think you may have a different rip to me, looking at your log it seems to load a file called kernel_gtx.euru.bin but there isn't one in my folder?

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I suppose it's looking for all the Russian files when there are none. I'm starting to think you may have a different rip to me, looking at your log it seems to load a file called kernel_gtx.euru.bin but there isn't one in my folder?

Maybe another rip...
When i try to start SpaceZapper wiiu freezed, and in the log i see next string:
[60] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/Wii Party U/content/common/ch_base
/pc/mot/spg_idle01_w.bnfmsa")

I dont have this file in my rip... :-(

startreker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii u on 5.3.2 and I hosted the loadiine 4.0 files onto the IIS server. I ran the kexploit and it said install finished or whatever that made it sound successful. I went to load the loadiine folder and in the browser and it opens up the loadiine.elf file on a black screen but nothing happens. I have one of my backups on the SD card but it isn't showing up for launch. Also according to the document it should show up with a install option first before it launches. I appreciate any help from people on what my next step is. Thanks.

Alex-NK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your Wii U system menu is Russian, then the game load Russian lang. And you need to rename all this files and folders to RU. Like i did, and my game is in Russian lang.
By the way...rips are the same I use this rip: "Wii Party U USA WiiU PoWeRUp"

Last edited by Alex-NK,

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Do you have mixed points of menu in "House Party" and "GamePad Party"????
When i clicked at Button Smasher - i see Name That Face
When Name that face - Sketchy Situation
When Lost and found square - button smashers
and others...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your Wii U system menu is Russian, then the game load Russian lang. And you need to rename all this files and folders to RU. Like i did, and my game is in Russian lang.
By the way...rips are the same I use this rip: "Wii Party U USA WiiU PoWeRUp"

What "All this" files and folders except that i wrote?:
"Content/Common/mess/US_English" in EU_Russia
"Content/Common/Movie/US" in EU
"Content/Common/Movie/US/en" in ru
files with US in filename in folder "Content/Sound/Common" in EU (except "NEXPY_SOUND_USMap")

There is no russian text (only sound) in this release, its only us, fr and sp. There is no euru files on that disc.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but for Yoshi's wolly world, there's a bunch of files in the data folder with filenames that are longer than FAT32 can support after they're dropped behind the "wiiu/games/YoshiWW/" folder structure. I even tried going down to "wiiu/games/Y" but it's still too long. Anyone have a fix for that? One of the files is "MAP031_HOTDOG_MASTER_000.txt" in the "content\data\color_correction_param\" folder, for example.

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We had some similar ideas with the grid view with Maschell and Lustar but we though the grid should go to the gamepad in a menu similar to system menu. For TV we though a nice coverflow would be good.

I like your idea about the bootTvTex.tga and bootDrcTex.tga. Its definatelly something nice to have in the background when a game is selected and a preview is shown before launching it :). I probably will do that in some way.

Regarding the http access:
Yes we do have http access. Its also how the ELF is loaded. We even got https access since we use libcurl (RPL). I will implement autodownload of the game information (XML on gametdb) and game covers (also on game TDB). This of course will only be possible if the game ID is known. The game ID is information saved in the meta.xml. So if that one is available the covers can be auto downloaded. Alternatively I can offer getting the game ID from the folder name (e.g. "Some Game Name [GAMEID]").
Great to hear, really looking forward for it :).

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but for Yoshi's wolly world, there's a bunch of files in the data folder with filenames that are longer than FAT32 can support after they're dropped behind the "wiiu/games/YoshiWW/" folder structure. I even tried going down to "wiiu/games/Y" but it's still too long. Anyone have a fix for that? One of the files is "MAP031_HOTDOG_MASTER_000.txt" in the "content\data\color_correction_param\" folder, for example.
That path is not too long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz