Hacking Download games directly to system?

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've done some searching around and have yet to find what I'm looking for. Is there a home brew program to download ps3 games directly to the system much like freeshop for the 3DS? Going through all the trouble of finding and downloading torrents on the pc, unzipping and then transferring them is just tedious

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than the answer of, "No". I will explain to you why not. First of all the reason we can download 3DS games directly is because most of the time they are small sizes so its easier to host a server to download it. While some PS3 games have 1 or 2 gb of size, most don't. A "small" PS3 game for me is about 6gb (That is a lot). Nobody wants to host a server for this because the sizes are too big so uploads would be like hours and so would downloads. Trust me torrenting is faster than what you want. :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all the reason we can download 3DS games directly is because most of the time they are small sizes so its easier to host a server to download it.

Not even that. Trust me, no one would set up a server hosting tons of illegal files to download as one source for everything. Stuff is scattered among various OCH like it is the case with everything else as well.

Freeshop grabs the content directly from Nintendo's servers. It's just the way their servers work, that this is even possible and in the world of CFW/Hacking, this is quite revolutionary. It's like if someone figured out how to fool Steam into thinking you bought every single thing on their shop.

Of course PS3 stuff is hosted somewhere on Sony's servers. But no one knows how to access it respectively it will be encrypted in some way that no one can make use of the data, not even on CFW. If it was possible, we'd have such a tool already.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even that. Trust me, no one would set up a server hosting tons of illegal files to download as one source for everything. Stuff is scattered among various OCH like it is the case with everything else as well.

Freeshop grabs the content directly from Nintendo's servers. It's just the way their servers work, that this is even possible and in the world of CFW/Hacking, this is quite revolutionary. It's like if someone figured out how to fool Steam into thinking you bought every single thing on their shop.

Of course PS3 stuff is hosted somewhere on Sony's servers. But no one knows how to access it respectively it will be encrypted in some way that no one can make use of the data, not even on CFW. If it was possible, we'd have such a tool already.

We used to have a tool that could download .PKG games directly (Not lying). It got shut down though. They started hosting it via web (No surprise there). :rofl2:

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
Most people that use freeshop don't realize the risk of downloading games from Nintendo servers. IP is most likely logged and easily traceable and then people could get charged for hacking.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people that use freeshop don't realize the risk of downloading games from Nintendo servers. IP is most likely logged and easily traceable and then people could get charged for hacking.

True. The only thing is that so many people use it Nintendo wouldn't just randomly pick someone out of the bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol