Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 833,743
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

call me dumb if you want to but I need help: How do I open decrypt 9?

I run a N3DS on FW 11.3 with a9lh and luma.
I put the provided folder in the 3ds folder on the root of the ss card, but if I try to open it, it shows color screens and returns to the hbl.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Coffee Prosecutor

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using *hax for my Emunand setup.
FW is 9.2 and i can coldboot into hbl on my SysNand.
It worked fine after the downgrade and everything else but now it just won't boot anymore (stuck on a black screen). I changed no files or anything, never really cared for it after getting Emunand. However, i need to make a backup of the nand and that brought me to this issue (same problem on Emunand9).
Anyone here who had similar issues or could help me?

And because it's maybe not clear enough:
I'M NOT USING A9LH.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using *hax for my Emunand setup.
FW is 9.2 and i can coldboot into hbl on my SysNand.
It worked fine after the downgrade and everything else but now it just won't boot anymore (stuck on a black screen). I changed no files or anything, never really cared for it after getting Emunand. However, i need to make a backup of the nand and that brought me to this issue (same problem on Emunand9).
Anyone here who had similar issues or could help me?

And because it's maybe not clear enough:
I'M NOT USING A9LH.
Try launching luma while holding start and put decrypt9 in the payloads folder. It should still launch it even without a9lh.

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I heard I could import GBA saves with Decrypt9. Is this really possible?
Well... in my case, I did it once when I was on arm9lh. Yesterday I update to boot9, changed the decrypt9 and godmode9 payloads. Now, I can dump the gba vc saves, but when I want to inject it, a message shows saying "WARNING: current CMAC does not match". I proceeded as usual, but even when the message "Injection SUCCESSFUL" shows up, when I launch the game, the game still load the old save file.

Last edited by hyogman,

burpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Injecting gba saves is possible with godmode9 using this guide

Export GBA saves
  1. Before going inside GodMode9, boot your 3ds and open the GBA VC game. (This is important!)
  2. Reboot your console and get inside GodMode9
  3. Navigate to "[S:] Sysnand Virtual"
  4. Select the file "gbavc.sav" with (A) and select "Copy to 0:/gm9out"
Import GBA saves
(This will replace your GBA VC save. I recommend making a backup first)

1. Before going inside GodMode9, boot your 3ds and open the GBA VC game. (This is important!)
  2. Reboot your console and get inside GodMode9
  3. Navigate to your savefile. (It must be named "gbavc.sav")
  4. Press (Y) to copy the file
  5. Press (B) until you return to the drive selection.
  6. Navigate to "[S:] Sysnand Virtual"
  7. Press (Y) now to paste your file.
  8. Confirm that you are sure to paste the file there by pressing (A)

and use this to resize gba saves to 32 kbs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubqgow5ea2gb1v0/Trim_VBA_SAV_recompiled.zip?dl=0

Last edited by burpio,
Reactions: Natural

burpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how to fix your issue with copying the gba save to the memory but the save trimmer should ask you if you drag the save file in about the size in kilobytes you wish to resize too

I didn't extract any of my saves when i was doing it since there was no data to backup for me

Last edited by burpio,
Reactions: Natural

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to fix your issue with copying the gba save to the memory but the save trimmer should ask you if you drag the save file in about the size in kilobytes you wish to resize too

I didn't extract any of my saves when i was doing it since there was no data to backup for me

I installed Fire Emblem 7 with Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS 1.6b if it helps to know.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

Hi i was just messing around with Decrypt9 on an old3ds on standard 9.2 fw and sore a potential brick risk.

It has a 10.3 emunand backup on the sdcard.

In Decrypt9 under nand restore is gives me the option to restore the 10.3 nand and keep a9lh.

If this was done you wouldn't that keep the 9.2 nativefirm and have 10.3 fw and brick the 3ds.

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What means the message "WARNING: current CMAC does not match" that appears when I tried to dump a gba vc save file. Before updating to boot9strap I was able to dump/inject saves, but now, I only can dump them, but not inject them.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3

Hi i was just messing around with Decrypt9 on an old3ds on standard 9.2 fw and sore a potential brick risk.

It has a 10.3 emunand backup on the sdcard.

In Decrypt9 under nand restore is gives me the option to restore the 10.3 nand and keep a9lh.

If this was done you wouldn't that keep the 9.2 nativefirm and have 10.3 fw and brick the 3ds.
No, it checks for A9LH, so no worries.

What means the message "WARNING: current CMAC does not match" that appears when I tried to dump a gba vc save file. Before updating to boot9strap I was able to dump/inject saves, but now, I only can dump them, but not inject them.
Hmm... you found an actual boot9strap bug good work. This needs to be fixed in boot9strap, though. Can you try the same in GodMode9?

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, it checks for A9LH, so no worries.

Hmm... you found an actual boot9strap bug good work. This needs to be fixed in boot9strap, though. Can you try the same in GodMode9?

Hooray for me for finding the bug... I guess.
I had tried it in Godmode9... copying the gbavc.sav to S: SYSNAND VIRTUAL and overwriting the existing file... but I have the same result: Godmode9 says the file is copied correctly, but when I launch the gba game, the saved loaded is the one I dumped, not the one injected. By the way, I have a N3DSXL on 11.2.0

Last edited by hyogman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended