Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 837,023
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 Is it possible to select a specific directory when decrypting cia files? When using ciangel to download cia files on 3DS, i have to move it to the files9 folder just to decrypt it which require double size on sd card for the file to copy with fbi installer. So it would be easier to just have option to select directory or even file to decrypt instead of auto decrypt files9 folder.
Just use GodMode9 for this instead. Check out the readme and use the latest nightly.

@d0k3
View attachment 78926
Here is the 2DS's twlmbr.bin.

BTW, firm0 & firm1 are successfully verified.
Only NAND & NANDmin fail.
I found another O3DS also failed on NAND verification.
But that O3DS's CTRNAND can be autofixed.
So maybe the fixing CMAC problem is not related to NAND verification?

@d0k3
I changed safehaxpayload.bin into D9WIP 20170214.
This time Autofix CTRNAND can be processed, but freezes at processing SeedSave.bin over 10 mins.
View attachment 78933
(BTW, Safehax/D9WIP's "EmuNAND options" is displayed as "EmuMyu('Myu' is the greek alphabet)".)
View attachment 78932
@d0k3 2DS problem resolved.
I use Safehax/D9-20161113-release (which ignores that error) to make the CTRNAND transfer successful.

D9WIP 20161113's Autofix CTRNAND never caused any freeze and gave a result of no fixing CMAC errors.
So is the failure possibly from the over-strict of latest D9WIP's new CTRNAND transfer check?
Your TWL MBR looks fine, I'm a but puzzled about this right now, especially cause you're the only person that ever brought this issue up. And you say this happens on 2 different consoles? Can you, perhaps, open an issue on Github so I can keep track?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, @MelonGx, can you perhaps give me the header of the nand.bin that failed validation to have a look at? That's only the first 512 byte. Don't worry, there is no identifying info in there (even if the header itself is unique), but you can send it in a pm.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@d0k3
I returned the 2DS to its owner.
Now I only have my own O3DS-A which also has a failed NAND validation.
image.jpeg

Last edited by MelonGx,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3
I returned the 2DS to its owner.
Now I only have my own O3DS-A which also has a failed NAND validation.
View attachment 79091
Can you, maybe, post the file instead? It would also help you posted both the nand_hdr.bin and the twlmbr.bin. Or send it in a pm, ofc. It's a bit difficult comparing this by hand. Also, @liomajor may be right - this may be an SD card issue, so better check the SD card, too. Does the validation fail in both GM9 and D9? With thze same error message?

Jaimess0000

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello guys! i apologise if the support section is not here

i just got an old 3DS on a garaje sale it came with 6.3.0-12 U for some odd reason the browser is broken (disables wireless when it loads the browser) so i tryed an alternate method here i followed the instructions in there but i cant get to Decrypt9 :( here is a video (use 2x mode as its a little long) of what happened, i dont know what im doing wrong.

Last edited by Jaimess0000,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the disturbance, but I wanted to dump an unavailable demo I just installed through a promotional code and pack it into a CIA in order to give it to someone and that made me realize that since I got rid of my emuNAND after switching to a9lh (like it was advised), I can't run decrypt9 and use it because the system is on 11.2.xx .
Is there a solution? (I guess not, since the a9lh boot comes before most of the console system, it probably doesn't allow to do anything)
Or maybe an alternative?

All my excuses again.

@pixelmasher Thank you. I knew this but I was thinking that decrypt9 wouldn't run properly with no 3DS system in background.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the disturbance, but I wanted to dump an unavailable demo I just installed through a promotional code and pack it into a CIA in order to give it to someone and that made me realize that since I got rid of my emuNAND after switching to a9lh (like it was advised), I can't run decrypt9 and use it because the system is on 11.2.xx .
Is there a solution? (I guess not, since the a9lh boot comes before most of the console system, it probably doesn't allow to do anything)
Or maybe an alternative?

All my excuses again.
What? I don't understand. a9lh makes that stuff super easy.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes
Scroll down to Payload Chainloading.
If you followed the Guide, it should have told you about payloads.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer using Decrypt9 over Hourglass9.
Just a question though,
I dumped my emunand 11.2 with D9 and I'm planning to update to 11.3

The thing is, I still want to keep using Gateway but they don't have the proper support for 11.3 emunand yet.
So I was thinking of using Luma for 11.3 for now, can I just restore my 11.2 emunand when I want to use Gateway again?
Will I lose my game saves that way? I'd be doing this until Gateway finally get the support for 11.3

Thanks for answering.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
@d0k3 I installed Windows 10 15063 Creator's Update as it's speculated to be the RTM. The one change I saw and concerned me was that CMD inside File Explorer(File Tab > Open CMD) has been replaced with PowerShell. The problem is now I cannot "make" with 15063(whereas with 13493.xxx I could). Also, when I SHIFT+Right Click it won't bring CMD(it brings PowerShell) and I cannot cd inside CMD - even with admin rights.

I played with registry and have the option to open CMD when SHIFT+Right clicking, but I get the same error I'm getting inside PowerShell when I'm trying to "make". So I believe "make" or whatever it is, is bugged with the Creator's Update. maybe an update from your side of from devkitpro's side would fix it? I also get an error when trying to build Luma3DS but the error says /base_tools instead of /ds_rules

Here is an image of the error:
f7tuHt5.png

Last edited by fr3quency,

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 I installed Windows 10 15063 Creator's Update as it's speculated to be the RTM. The one change I saw and concerned me was that CMD inside File Explorer(File Tab > Open CMD) has been replaced with PowerShell. The problem is now I cannot "make" with 15063(whereas with 13493.xxx I could). Also, when I SHIFT+Right Click it won't bring CMD(it brings PowerShell) and I cannot cd inside CMD - even with admin rights.

I played with registry and have the option to open CMD when SHIFT+Right clicking, but I get the same error I'm getting inside PowerShell when I'm trying to "make". So I believe "make" or whatever it is, is bugged with the Creator's Update. maybe an update from your side of from devkitpro's side would fix it? I also get an error when trying to build Luma3DS but the error says /base_tools instead of /ds_rules

Here is an image of the error:
f7tuHt5.png
Get Debian running in virtual box. It's not meant to be built on windows(?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Well if you're that stubborn at least get msys. Don't use powershell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it's a problem in the Creator's Update (I tried a build prior to 15063 and the problem existed). Even with git's cmd I cannot compile. It's not that I'm using PowerShell - I have tried to "make" with PowerShell to see if it "just works" and indeed - it just worked on previous Windows 10 versions (14393, 10240 etc). I hope the fix lies into D9 or devkitpro and not Lunix. :P (yes Lunix)

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's a problem in the Creator's Update (I tried a build prior to 15063 and the problem existed). Even with git's cmd I cannot compile. It's not that I'm using PowerShell - I have tried to "make" with PowerShell to see if it "just works" and indeed - it just worked on previous Windows 10 versions (14393, 10240 etc). I hope the fix lies into D9 or devkitpro and not Lunix. :P (yes Lunix)

Seriously, just get Linux, it's a lot more stable and meant for building.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Seriously, just get Linux, it's a lot more stable and meant for building.

I know that, I'm not some lunatic that tries to deny what Linux can and is possible of. But the thing is I'm a Windows user and everything I need is on Windows. I tried to learn some small things about compiling on Windows while compiling 3DS Homebrew that can BE compiled on Windows and not Linux(eg Luma3DS vs freeshop). Really, compiling D9, Luma3DS, FBI etc on Windows is not a problem - on the other hand it's pretty easy and you won't run into major errors. But with this Windows update, I'm not sure how to proceed to fix the error. No Linux or VM. :P

If I try to delete the line inside MAKEFILE saying "include $(DEVKITARM)/ds_rules" PS tries to compile but then stops at a new error:
PS F:\Nintendo3DS\Sources\Decrypt9WIP> make
NCSD_header_n3ds.hdr
NCSD_header_o3ds.hdr
NCSD_header_o3ds_dev.hdr
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `descriptions.o', needed by `/f/Nintendo3DS/Sources/Decrypt9WIP/output/Decrypt9WIP.elf'. Stop.
make.exe": *** [binary] Error 2

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 is there a way to run your tools as .nds? (not the cakehax rop installer the actual tools) I mean dgtool which was used via dsiwarehax was also usable, its just meant for a video to show someone who is confused how eventually safesighaxinstaller can be used without a hardmod in the future, but I didn't want to mess around with your makefiles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey