Hacking Downgrading from Rogero 3.70 to Official 3.55

Freezing Alone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, so I got my PS3 back from a friend who downgraded it and he took it upon himself to install 3.70 Rogero even though I asked for it to be left alone so that I could install CFW 3.55. Now I need to downgrade back to 3.55, but I'd like to use a fresh install so that I can see what I'm doing from the beginning so to speak.

My question is, how do I go about doing this? If I enable QA flag on 3.70 Rogero and make sure that the debug menu appears, can I then just install OFW 3.55 through the recovery menu? I'm trying to avoid a brick, so I appreciate any help that you guys can throw my way.

UPDATE: So it turns out that I can't install Toggle QA in order to qa flag my system and dehash it, because I get an "80029566" error any time that I try to install a package. Is it safe for me to install OFW 3.55 without dehashing first? I've heard that this 3.70 is actually just a 3.55 spoof, so would it brick if I just went and installed 3.55 over it?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No. Do NOT install OFW without dehashing it. That'll brick your PS3 for sure.

My recommendation is to install Rogero 4.55 straight away.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you must downgrade back to CFW 3.55 (i won't ask why you even want to at 3.70)
There is Rogero Downgrader
http://tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4717
Follow the instructions to the letter. I have done this successfully twice when I was being cautious in changing CFW builds.
Included in the procedure is dehashing using Toggle QA.
Also downgrading puts you in pseudo-CFW 3.55(Not OFW but not CFW either) so you have to install Rogero 3.55 V3.7 then you can literally install whatever CFW your heart desires

If you just want to go to higher firmwares, you can direct update up there. Only reason I see for downgrading is to go back to a lower firmware for CFW builds that don't support QA flagging such as Rogero

Edit: When you're on Rogero 3.55 V3.7, you can go ahead and update to OFW 3.55 if you want.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to what I found via Google Rogering 3.70 is mostly 3.55 with 3.70 spoofing. But since the guides don't mention it I wouldn't test it on my hardware. You should have your friend reflash it/upgrade it to the right CFW.

Freezing Alone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for the help everyone, turns out the QA flagging wasn't working on 3.70 (which is actually a spoof of 3.55) because of a corrupted package that I grabbed from brewology. After getting a proper package I was able to QA flag, dehash and install OFW 3.55. From there I just installed CFW 3.55 and all is good :)

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong here on Habib 4.65 V1.02.
As above poster said, you should upgrade to a 4.XX firmware. Some games might not even work properly on 3.55 even after resigning due to apparent software updates so there is nothing to lose from updating.

You should already how to update already right? Remove game discs, turn off Internet Connection on Settings, and ofc Praying.

Edit: The good homebrews is on higher firmwares too and I strongly recommend Control Fan Utility if you play on the PS3 for long periods since it controls CPU and RSX temperatures at a constant level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?