Hacking Downgrading from 11.0 No Hardmod help!

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
So here is the situation, I have an old 3ds that is on the latest cfw with luma and it is working perfectly. I also have a old 3ds xl that is 11.0. I was wondering how can I downgrade that 3ds to 9.2 to get cfw on it? How does the field runner exploit work, like will I be able to keep all the games and everything that is on my hacked old 3ds? Please help :D

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
So here is the situation, I have an old 3ds that is on the latest cfw with luma and it is working perfectly. I also have a old 3ds xl that is 11.0. I was wondering how can I downgrade that 3ds to 9.2 to get cfw on it? How does the field runner exploit work, like will I be able to keep all the games and everything that is on my hacked old 3ds? Please help :D
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade and if you have any specific questions then ask.

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In this guide when it says this "3DS #1's NNID will be stuck on 3DS #2 unless you either system transfer back or call Nintendo! (details in the instructions)"
Does that mean I will not be able to use the hacked 3ds #1 with the games until I can transfer back a week later?
You can use 3DS#1 but your eShop games will not be on it

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this guide when it says this "3DS #1's NNID will be stuck on 3DS #2 unless you either system transfer back or call Nintendo! (details in the instructions)"
Does that mean I will not be able to use the hacked 3ds #1 with the games until I can transfer back a week later?
Everything will be stuck on 3DS #2 (the unhacked system) until you system transfer back to 3DS #1 a week later.

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use 3DS#1 but your eShop games will not be on it
Okay thank you, would like cia installed games still be on it? Just not official games until I would system transfer back a week later? There is no way around it just wait a week?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you, would like cia installed games still be on it? Just not official games until I would system transfer back a week later? There is no way around it just wait a week?
Installed CIAs will not transfer nor will they still be on the system. There is no way to get around the 1 week wait. That is server-side, therefore, nothing you can do.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
All games which is not installed as legit cia won't be transferred, thus will be lost after the transfer. You'd better do a complete NAND+SD backup before tansferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
All games which is not installed as legit cia won't be transferred, thus will be lost after the transfer. You'd better do a complete NAND+SD backup before tansferring.

Legit cias do not transfer either (unless you're transferring to a CFW system).

Reactions: wsquan171

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for stealing the thread here but I just followed the DSi Ware downgrade guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade using Fieldrunners. I used a O3DSXL 11.1 as the source and a N3DSXL 11.0 as the target. Spoofed it with ctr-httpwn. Went though the whole process. Selected use PC to transfer data. No my N3ds is stuff on "System Transfer" screen trying to connect to the internet and give me an Error Code 005-4273. Has anyone encouterd this? How do I fix it? Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
sorry for stealing the thread here but I just followed the DSi Ware downgrade guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade using Fieldrunners. I used a O3DSXL 11.1 as the source and a N3DSXL 11.0 as the target. Spoofed it with ctr-httpwn. Went though the whole process. Selected use PC to transfer data. No my N3ds is stuff on "System Transfer" screen trying to connect to the internet and give me an Error Code 005-4273. Has anyone encouterd this? How do I fix it? Thanks!
You might have to update it by recovery mode.

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was worried that was going to be the answer. Now my O3DS is back running ARM9 11.1 but I can't connect to my NNID. I am not worried about recovering the specific NNID but I would like to go back online with it. Can I format the system to remove the NNID and start fresh without losing or messing up any of the ARM9LoaderHax on 11.1?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I was worried that was going to be the answer. Now my O3DS is back running ARM9 11.1 but I can't connect to my NNID. I am not worried about recovering the specific NNID but I would like to go back online with it. Can I format the system to remove the NNID and start fresh without losing or messing up any of the ARM9LoaderHax on 11.1?
Yes you can. If you want the original NNID back and don't want to do transfer again, calling Nintendo is the only option.

Megaman Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
In other hand, you can sign in with your NNID on the second O3DS XL while waiting for the 7 days .. then transfer it back to your original O3DS after 7 days of waiting .. I'm actually waiting for those 7 days anyway.

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant get on the second 3DS (New3DSXL) its hung up on the system transfer with Error Code 005-4273. I tried to restore with recovery mode but i get an error saying it is unable to update. @wsquan171 is there a guide to do the format? I don't need to have the old NNID back there was nothing on it for friends list and not much for purchases but I would like to get back online. I was reading in the old guide that you need to format sysNAND and emuNAND the same amount of times. Does the format lose my lumas and all of that?or can i just format it. Set up the 3DS like new and all my old homebrew would still work? Thanks

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way bypass the system transfer menu and go into settings? When I boot it takes me straight to the system transfer
I have no idea. Just a question but, did you switch the SD cards like you're supposed to, and before the system transfer did you do a system format on the second 3ds? You might need to hardmod and somehow reset settings. Not sure if this would work but try letting the device die (let it sit there and drain the battery)
Could also try turning off the access point (router?) and see if it boots you to the home menu with an actual internet error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s