gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
the ancient sysdowngrader builds downgraded nfirm first and led to bricks...
sysUpdater, afaik. sysDowngrader came after SafeSysUpdater and PlaiSysUpdater as far as I remember. Remember the KTM? :D

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w
D

Deleted User

So, if someone were to start working on this, how long might it take to program? A week, maybe?

Who knows? Depends on the dev. They don't get paid to do this stuff, anyways.

That being said, it shouldn't be too hard to implement AFAIK. I don't know much about 3DS Hacking, but I'd assume that it's just as simple as writing some C code to call the application manager, then overwriting the section of memory containing the title and downgrading. Shouldn't be too intensive (given some testing).

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
73879481.jpg

'Nuff said.

And the Plailect guide keeps getting more and more gorgeous... really impressed.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it require the system to restart to aply the changes in the firmware? I don't really know, but it makes sense for me.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
actually we just have to get the attention of some good coders, sounds simple to me a sysup/downgrader which is launched by the homebrew launcher as 3dsx hich downgrades the nfirm and then the whole firmware, sound really good

Reactions: naddel81

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From downgrading when sysdowngrader was in it's early stages. Downgrading and installing Native Firm lead to bricks. Some, it did not. Preventing bricks is a priority.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

mehmeh11

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
actually we just have to get the attention of some good coders, sounds simple to me a sysup/downgrader which is launched by the homebrew launcher as 3dsx hich downgrades the nfirm and then the whole firmware, sound really good
yeah, but how do we make them notice?
From downgrading when sysdowngrader was in it's early stages. Downgrading and installing Native Firm lead to bricks. Some, it did not. Preventing bricks is a priority.
BTW, how did trying the exploit in OP go?

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

That was because the native_firm installed wasn't compatible with the system, the 9.6-10.4 native_firm are compatible with the 11.x system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: play the songs video