Hacking Downgraded to 9.2 with a mixed bag of things. Need help.

Bublah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently downgraded and I had originally started with: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/. I didn't get too far in, I only backed up my 3ds, formated my micro sd to FAT32, and formatted my 3ds back to default. After that I went to TCPixel's videos to downgrade because I am more of a visual person. After I downgraded I got my old files from before I reset my 3ds to factory. I replaced replaced the dbs files from my original Nintendo 3ds folders with the ones I used for downgrading.

My problem is that after I got those files, I lost my FBI and homebrew files removed from my home screen. Not only that, when I go to FBI on the homebrew and I try to install the cia's, I get an error saying that the installation failed. And on top of that, I can't link my account to my 3ds because I need to update. I need some help to get my 3ds to be properly hacked so I don't accidentally brick my 3ds.

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Setup Emunand and update to the latest version ON EMUNAND, then I'd recommend unlinking you sysnand and emunand. Once done login to you nnid on the emunand.

You can use decypt9 to inject fbi into the health and safety app.

You should be able too boot your 3ds normally if you remove the cfw and hbl, since they don't touch anything on you nand, unless your running pasta and maybe menuhax(not too sure about that though)

Last edited by suhaib10,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I recently downgraded and I had originally started with: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/. I didn't get too far in, I only backed up my 3ds, formated my micro sd to FAT32, and formatted my 3ds back to default. After that I went to TCPixel's videos to downgrade because I am more of a visual person. After I downgraded I got my old files from before I reset my 3ds to factory. I replaced replaced the dbs files from my original Nintendo 3ds folders with the ones I used for downgrading.

My problem is that after I got those files, I lost my FBI and homebrew files removed from my home screen. Not only that, when I go to FBI on the homebrew and I try to install the cia's, I get an error saying that the installation failed. And on top of that, I can't link my account to my 3ds because I need to update. I need some help to get my 3ds to be properly hacked so I don't accidentally brick my 3ds.
When you format your 3DS, it will no longer recognise the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder and will make new ones. You'll probably have to start from scratch. You can link your NNID again after you create an emuNAND and get it updated to 10.5.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
9.3-10.3 downgrading 9.2 has some random incomplete downgrading (or seriously bricking) issue.
Check that whether your 9.2 is incomplete or not with zoogie's tool, then perform the downgrade once more to fix it.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Bublah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setup Emunand and update to the latest version ON EMUNAND, then I'd recommend unlinking you sysnand and emunand. Once done login to you nnid on the emunand.

You can use decypt9 to inject fbi into the health and safety app.

You should be able too boot your 3ds normally if you remove the cfw and hbl, since they don't touch anything on you nand, unless your running pasta and maybe menuhax(not too sure about that though)
When you format your 3DS, it will no longer recognise the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder and will make new ones. You'll probably have to start from scratch. You can link your NNID again after you create an emuNAND and get it updated to 10.5.
Sorry for the late reply, I just got myself some free time. I'll probably try to install EmuNAND now.
9.3-10.3 downgrading 9.2 has some random incomplete downgrading (or seriously bricking) issue.
Check that whether your 9.2 is incomplete or not with zoogie's tool, then perform the downgrade once more to fix it.
I'll get this just in case.

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country

When launching FBI did you launch mini Pasta then launch FBI? Fbi will fail to install cias because of signature checks wich mini pasta patches.

Bublah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching FBI did you launch mini Pasta then launch FBI? Fbi will fail to install cias because of signature checks wich mini pasta patches.
This is what i get.
Photo 2016-02-08 午後9 42 09.jpg
Photo 2016-02-08 午後9 42 25.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Ancientboi at it again.