bobby001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

first sorry for this question because I think the answer is in this forum but I didn't find it.

I currently have a N3DS (non-XL) and it has a 9.0 or 9.2 firmware and I use it either with reinand or gateway

I would like to buy another N3DS so the question is simple :

Which is the most recent firmware that allows me to use both reinand and gateway
Until which firmware I can downgrade to 9.2 without hardmod

thanks for your help and sorry again for this repeated question

Fred

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
11.2 is what you are looking for. 9.2 is put to date. 11.2 also has a k9 exploit and also let you use gateway alonside auroras a9lh and luma, just get a 3ds on 11.3 and do Plailects guide.

with 11.4 you are SoL

brunormalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

bobby001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer

brunormalmeida: I'm currently using Reinand because it has no option and does what I need : boot on emunand with region free, I currently use only legit cartridge game so it's enough to me, and CIA works as well

I bought a new New 3DS (great offer in France and I hate the XL model) : I believe that the firmware is 9.8 (New 3DS dragon ball edition) what is the best way to do what I need : boot on emunand for region free (and CIA if needed) be able to launch gateway if needed : it would be good to go on using CTR manager

I downgrade to 9.2 ? or upgrade to 11.2 : then how to do it ?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for your answer

brunormalmeida: I'm currently using Reinand because it has no option and does what I need : boot on emunand with region free, I currently use only legit cartridge game so it's enough to me, and CIA works as well

I bought a new New 3DS (great offer in France and I hate the XL model) : I believe that the firmware is 9.8 (New 3DS dragon ball edition) what is the best way to do what I need : boot on emunand for region free (and CIA if needed) be able to launch gateway if needed : it would be good to go on using CTR manager

I downgrade to 9.2 ? or upgrade to 11.2 : then how to do it ?
https://3ds.guide/
Follow this guide to install B9S (Boot9Strap) on your New 3DS to boot Custom Firmware.
Make sure to follow each step exactly as it says. Do not skip out on any parts.
Don't be afraid to ask us for help.

Also, you no longer need EmuNAND anymore. You can use your SysNAND safely, with B9S (Boot9Strap).

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

bobby001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I followed 3DS guide my son's 2DS and ir worked like a charm.

I have a last question (perhaps silly one) : can I dump an original cart to a CIA and use it online ?

I do not support piracy and buy all my games but I use CFW to download CIA and have all game on the SD card : but was wondering if I can dump from original and keep the possibility to play online. My son is 4 years old and prefer to keep cart safe.

another question : can I access the eshop safely ?

thanks

Last edited by bobby001,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed 3DS guide my son's 2DS and ir worked like a charm.

I have a last question (perhaps silly one) : can I dump an original cart to a CIA and use it online ?

I do not support piracy and buy all my games but I use CFW to download CIA and have all game on the SD card : but was wondering if I can dump from original and keep the possibility to play online. My son is 4 years old and prefer to keep cart safe.

another question : can I access the eshop safely ?

thanks
1. Yes, use GodMode9 https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage
2. Yes

bobby001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to be 100% sure

The dump realized from my cart are playable online as I'm playing it online from my genuine cart, I do not risk the ban ?

Same question for local multiplayer? (Mario kart 7)

Can I dump the save file from the original cart and inject it in the CIA and do the opposite way as well ?

Last edited by bobby001,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just to be 100% sure

The dump realized from my cart are playable online as I'm playing it online from my genuine cart, I do not risk the ban ?

Same question for local multiplayer? (Mario kart 7)

Can I dump the save file from the original cart and inject it in the CIA and do the opposite way as well ?
No one is 100% sure what information causes a ban. Just having CFW is probably enough. So you risk a ban no matter what you do. Yes you can dump the save file from your cartridge and import it into the cia version.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Could you please tell me which tools to use in order to transfer saves, or perhaps a tutorial ?
Use JKSM. You can install it using FBI's TitleDB feature. Once you open it it should be fairly self explanatory to import or export saves from installed games or cartridges but if you need help let us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1