Gaming Doom Performance is BAD

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having an issue and kinda disapointed..

I sold my PS4 like i said in my other topic for a switch since i dont like Sony exclussives and all i played rly was Doom So i figured hmm i can play doom anywhere then and since Its the only shooter on switch the multiplayer will be populated too...

I just finished the campaign and Its super LAGGY later on in the levels everytime all the demons spawn in it drops to like 12 FPS and it feels really slow untill you kill few demons then the fps adjust back to normal but these drops almost happens in every level it seems like it cant handle the demons at once... The PS4 never dropped not even with all the crazyness on screen on switch Its rly bad to the point that Its just not fun Its like playing a game on a very low spec computer.. The graphics dont bother me i think it looks fine enough Its the performance tho.. I did not install the patch yet but all that is the multiplayer? I dont think it will help framerate in single player..

I rly hope it gets patched So it can handle it better but as of now its not really playable If it stayed at 30 with all the downgrades it be fine even if it dropped a frame or 2 but it litterly feels like 10-12 FPS thats horrible

Anyway what did you guys think of it?
now QUE the fanbots YOU SUCK, YOUR LIE, I PLAYED THIS GAME NEVER NOTICED ANY BUGS OR FRAME DROPS.

i could have told you, in fact i recall saying it before it launched that it was a terrible dumbed down port.

the switch literally has nothing going for it, it proves yet again how cheap nintendo are, if third parties cant support it by porting old games then what chance has it got with its other current games......

ohh well guys, maybe in 2-3 years time you may get them.

im certain nintendo release inferior hardware deliberately, if you think about it, lacking third party support, next to no competition, better control of market when it comes to releasing nintendo's titles.

how many people got excited over DOOM, excuse for an old shitty port was being portable...... hmmm if it runs as bad as this id rather not bother.

by the sounds of it, it plays worse than it would remotely from XBX1/PS4.

bet your happy to have paid full whack for a shitty port, when you could have stuck with the superior version.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To be honest. The game is not that bad!
Sure there are some hiccups when in portable mode. But that is easily fixed when playing in Docked mode.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having an issue and kinda disapointed..

I sold my PS4 like i said in my other topic for a switch since i dont like Sony exclussives and all i played rly was Doom So i figured hmm i can play doom anywhere then and since Its the only shooter on switch the multiplayer will be populated too...

I just finished the campaign and Its super LAGGY later on in the levels everytime all the demons spawn in it drops to like 12 FPS and it feels really slow untill you kill few demons then the fps adjust back to normal but these drops almost happens in every level it seems like it cant handle the demons at once... The PS4 never dropped not even with all the crazyness on screen on switch Its rly bad to the point that Its just not fun Its like playing a game on a very low spec computer.. The graphics dont bother me i think it looks fine enough Its the performance tho.. I did not install the patch yet but all that is the multiplayer? I dont think it will help framerate in single player..

I rly hope it gets patched So it can handle it better but as of now its not really playable If it stayed at 30 with all the downgrades it be fine even if it dropped a frame or 2 but it litterly feels like 10-12 FPS thats horrible

Anyway what did you guys think of it?
from my experience is rarely frame drops from 30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I played the game on PC, my rig is pretty old, so the game probably ran at about 30-40 fps steadily. The only problem is, if I was to die in the game and reload, it would slow down to a crawl, I'm talking like single digits. Quit the game and reload the save, game worked fine until dying again. It's just a really inefficient game engine I guess.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and I thought it was people having unreasonable expectations with hardware.
Partly... I don't know what people are thinking... The switch isn't up to snuff for most newer games. The fact they got Doom to run even at this level is an achievement in itself.

Even Odyssey had some hiccups...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest. The game is not that bad!
Sure there are some hiccups when in portable mode. But that is easily fixed when playing in Docked mode.
how does playing docked make it better.

when portable you are playing at a lower resolution and on a smaller screen size.

im sure playing docked on a larger screen would cause more lag, even if it still runs at 720p.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

when portable you are playing at a lower resolution and on a smaller screen size.

im sure playing docked on a larger screen would cause more lag, even if it still runs at 720p.
The GPU gets upclocked, and there's no change in resolution

You basically answered your own question in the last sentence

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Did you really just use the SIZE of the screen as a performance variable?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reasonable arguments aren't his strong suit..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Notice how the OP hasn't said anything for a while...

Not since the 23rd actually
What does this have to do with the performance of the game?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, erm because running at a larger screen size takes more memory.

so your saying playing on a screen switch with lag makes it better if i put it in docked mode on a 65inch screen.

if someone above says it overclocks when in docked, then if the console is struggling already with such early games, overclocking in the long run is not a good idea especially as it lacks actual ventilation and cooling systems that anyone who knows overclocking needs.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so your saying playing on a screen switch with lag makes it better if i put it in docked mode on a 65inch screen.

if someone above says it overclocks when in docked, then if the console is struggling already with such early games, overclocking in the long run is not a good idea especially as it lacks actual ventilation and cooling systems that anyone who knows overclocking needs.
That's only true if the system is actually rendering at a higher resolution. In the case of the switch, it's actually sometimes rendering in the sub-720 range, but it can upscale up to 1080p.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitch w h a t
That's only true if the system is actually rendering at a higher resolution. In the case of the switch, it's actually sometimes rendering in the sub-720 range, but it can upscale up to 1080p.
Most games render at their output resolution, but DOOM is an exception for performance reasons
Also, I never said the GPU is overclocked, I said it's upclocked. It's downclocked by the system when in handheld mode to reduce power draw for better battery life, not for better thermal performance, as the Switch is perfectly capable of keeping itself cool when docked.

But hey, you might actually have to know something about overclocking to understand that

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do you own a Vita Retroboy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2