goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I recently notice a lot of new users have been bumping post about 4 months since last reply. I feel that users should not be able to reply to posts if
  1. They have less than 100 post
  2. The last post was more that 90 days ago
  3. The user joined within the last week
Hopefully this will solve the issue for the most part. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, let be say what I mean, users should be allowed to comment on release threads, but random noob threads can not be replied to

EDIT2: No, what I'm thinking of someone bumps a release thread like this, that's ok. But if someone bumps a noob support question like this, that should not be allowed. (These are random example threads)

Last edited by Dionicio3,

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for the idea of this. But it could have repercussions. The worst of them being many new threads created about the same topic, which is already an issue sometimes as people don't search before posting.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think there are some issues.. I mean, someone that bump a "nnoob question topic" is because have the same issue and need help, right?
So what I think what should be done is:
1 not solved? keep it and let be bumped
2 someone it someway and everyone is happy now? add an "[solved]" to the thread name and edit the OP showing how stuff where done, it gonna be helpful for who get the same issue.

one thing I was tired of getting and made me demotivate to look for solutions with my issues was lack of help or answers like " just google it" ... I remember(more than one) time I wanted something, I googled and every thing I found where threads of more people looking help and answered with "go google it" xp

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like a good idea in my book - you know what happens a lot? Newly registered member PM-offers old member a brand-new spanking 3DS for cheap. Old member just thinks "damn this is too good of a deal to let it slip", new guy gets the money, nothing gets sent, scammer disappears. Yeah, you could go and blame the guy, but that would be just plain wrong. I've bought lots of times from new users on eBay and the internet in general - they all have to start somewhere and it just happens that often I'm THAT guy. And luckily enough, I never got scammed and got some AMAZING deals, but still I'm always aware that it could happen. So yes. I can understand people risking their money just to get a bargain, as I often do it myself.

With that rule in place, most scammers won't bother doing 10 non-spammy posts and if they start spamming, we easily ban them. Obviously it'd be much better if our members didn't buy from new users altogether, but you can't really stop it.

So yeah, we're protecting our community here - not just resting on our laurels.
I actually see where you got confused because it looked like I was calling the spambot ruling arbitrary. A quick flip of the text and now it looks better.

Reactions: raulpica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1