Gaming Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Visual Glitches on Sky3DS

Chickenhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

I have a american 3DS XL running firmware ver. 9.8.0-25U and a blue button Sky3DS card.
I have been having issues with the game Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. The issues seem to be mainly some sort of visual glitches that occur at random. I will explain them.

I launch the game, create a new save file and jump in the first level, everything seems fine at first, but then after reaching a certain (random) part of the level the game stops loading in textures, so you'r just running on air. At this point the music has stopped going in to a secret area or quitting the game from the menu results in a transitional animation loop. Trying to return to the home menu results in the game freezing. After all 3 of these cases the system must be hard reset.

I have downloaded the ROM from multiple sources, but I am having the same issues. The micro SD card I am using is a 32gb Samsung Evo class 10. I have not had any issues with other games using this card, even other 4gb ones like Monster Hunter 4 . I have tried writing the game with a different template file, but no change. I am not sure from which group the ROMs I downloaded are from, maybe they are the same and that is why the same issues occur.

If you have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I may fix it, please leave a response.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be the SD or your copy of the game even though the rom may have come from two different url's they may be the same release. The same issue that TW3D had with the rom dump. it's on multiple sites but it's the same dump And it's corrupt.

I say this because I dumped my own retail version of the game just to have all my games on one card easier to travel with my games. And I haven't had one single problem I'm in the dark caves. Like world 3-4 haven't beaten it yet tho.

Hope you can fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment