Homebrew Dolphin Memory Card Manager Driving Me Nuts

MCBarkingSpoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me in a slow way how I can please, oh please find and permanently choose the right Memory Card location, Dolphin keeps wanting to go to my documents. I'm just the type that likes to keep my important things on a partition and away from my operating system. Sometimes it wants to go there and sometimes it wants to go to my dolphin location. Please let me know if you can help me. Thank you all very much for your time.

Update:
Ok got two memory cards for US in a and b, but now when I go to the memory card manager, this happens. I keep telling them no and then have to browse to the ones (in my emulator folder).
crap.jpg

MCBarkingSpoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love the work they've done, but why is it the longer software is out the more it takes things hostage. Thank you though so much. ;)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin has a dedicated forum:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/index.php

You might have better luck with your question there. There's also alternate dev builds and such you can find there. Maybe someone made a "portable" version that doesn't store user profiles in the My Documents location. Might be worth a check.

If you did ask the question there and didn't get anywhere, I don't think you'd have any better luck here. :(

You can also post a suggestion about it for a future release in their General Discussion section if you exhausted all other avenues.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
make a new txt file in dolphin folder (sam folder as dolphin.exe)
name it "portable.txt"

now dolphin will work like it was in 3.x branch
Global User Directory is lame, and drove me nuts too ;)

https://fr.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/controlling-global-user-directory/

Disable the Global User Directory for a Specific Build with "portable.txt"

To make a build use a local user directory, create a text file named "portable" next to the exe of the build. With the extension it should be named "portable.txt". Dolphin will see the text file and will not check the registry for that build.

You can also play with regedit :

Choose the Location of the Global User Directory

• Open the registry. Simply type "regedit" in the search bar of the Start Menu and hit enter.
  • Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  • Right click Software and select New > Key. Name the key "Dolphin Emulator"
  • Right click the new Dolphin Emulator key, and select New > String Value. Name the value "UserConfigPath"
  • Double click the "UserConfigPath" value and an Edit String dialog appears. Under "Value Data", enter the path to the custom User directory. Make sure that you include "User" in it, since it will assume whatever path it is directed to is the User folder. If you point it to the Desktop for example, you will have a very messy situation.

using the "portable.txt" "fix" is, IMHO, faster and easier. And it works nicely.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that simple ;)

portable behavior should be the default one (like 3.x branch), instead of this lame "Global User Directory"...

MCBarkingSpoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I don't hate...well yes I do global behavior. Why did they do this? Please tell me the next install will not include an option for "SuperAwesomeSearch" or some garbage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: