Gaming Does Xenoblade Chronicles get any better?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,102
  • Replies 26
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok so I stuck with it and I like it a lot more now. I still dont agree with the people who say its the best or one of the best games ever made, but its pretty good. I just got to the part where Riki joins your party.
One thing I absolutely hate though are the sidequests. ALL of them are fetch quests. Find and kill 3 of these things, find 6 of these things, bring this thing to this place. I accept them whenever I can because sometimes I end up completing them while continuing with the story or I already had the items, but I'm definitely not going out of my way to do these because they're boring. Colony 9 quests are an extra pain in the ass because its extremely difficult to find the people you need to bring the items back to. I spent an hour and a half trying to find the stupid biscuit grandma just so I could tell her I delivered the biscuits.

But Yeah, I like the game a bit more now and I understand the combat a lot more. The graphics are a lot more tolerable on the N3DS XL than on a big screen tv all stretched out and blurry imo.

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I stuck with it and I like it a lot more now. I still dont agree with the people who say its the best or one of the best games ever made, but its pretty good. I just got to the part where Riki joins your party.
One thing I absolutely hate though are the sidequests. ALL of them are fetch quests. Find and kill 3 of these things, find 6 of these things, bring this thing to this place. I accept them whenever I can because sometimes I end up completing them while continuing with the story or I already had the items, but I'm definitely not going out of my way to do these because they're boring. Colony 9 quests are an extra pain in the ass because its extremely difficult to find the people you need to bring the items back to. I spent an hour and a half trying to find the stupid biscuit grandma just so I could tell her I delivered the biscuits.

But Yeah, I like the game a bit more now and I understand the combat a lot more. The graphics are a lot more tolerable on the N3DS XL than on a big screen tv all stretched out and blurry imo.

I also stuck with it and am finding it fucking AMAZING. This game is so good! I enjoying the sidequests actually. Neat distraction from the main story.

Also sometimes when I cant pinpoint people I do a quick wiki search.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it on the Wii briefly. JRPGs really aren't my thing. It didn't interest me in the slightest after making myself play it for a hour (which was mostly cutscene it seemed like) and never touched it again.

RockingDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you do not want to look them up in the Wiki, you can also check out the affinity chart to see when they're active, so you know when to set your in game clock to.

Reactions: cearp

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
For me it was Everything! like I'm pretty sure I didn't even go into the first dungeon or whatever, once the guy who saves you in the beginning dies protecting you the robots who invade the city, or almost does (I forgot) I literally stopped playing. The game just didn't seem to interest me that much mechanic wise. The story looked liked it would be interesting but how they put everything together just didn't interest me enough to go through with it.

It was just a different experience overall. I think the last RPG I finished was Dragon Quest IX Sky Sentinels however I kind-of-liked VIII more for the PS 2, but IX made soo many things better/more convenient mechanic wise like leveling stats, and alchemy.

EDIT-There is something very 'cultsie' about Xenoblade Chronicles which makes it more popular than it actually is meant to be/is (which is good-but only if you belong to the cult-which most of us don't). I dunno, it's just not for everyone, I'd much rather prefer an RPG like Ni no kuni or Persona 4.

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally love Xeno. Played/beat it on the Wii (just the main story) and I have it on the N3DS XL. But yea it a like or hate type of thing.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally love Xeno. Played/beat it on the Wii (just the main story) and I have it on the N3DS XL. But yea it a like or hate type of thing.

Actually I find this behavior of so many people very, very weird.
I like the game as it is, far from perfect, but just the kind of thing I like and enjoy.
I wouldn't go around saying it is "the best game ever made" whatever, whatever (except perhaps for its OST that should be among the best).
"Best game ever made" is a stupid oversimplification, people have tastes, and anyway there is no game that is not flawed, and this game has flaws, many of them.
Anyway I find annoying to the point of WTF how people also go out of their way to bash it, because it is not the boring, bad designed, or whatever type of game they make it to be either.
It is totally stupid and it already has started looking like a group of idiots fighting over something as subjective as e.g. "apples are the best fruit ever", "no apples are boring and tasteless", "whatever!", "blargh!".
Hell, this place is full of overgrown kids...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night