Hacking Does >>THIS<< R4i Gold work on a 3DS?

CherrySkitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I think there are 2 R4i Golds. The one from r4ids.cn, and mine, which you can buy at r4i-gold.com

What I don't know is if there's a 3DS update for my R4i. I mean, it's supposed to be reflashable, right? It shows up as Star Wars Lethal Alliance on my DS Lite menu. I'm getting a 3DS on Friday maybe and although I DON'T WANT 3DS PIRACY (it would totally kill it, c'mon, it hasn't been out for a lot of time! Not even a month!) I want to be able to play my old NDS roms again, since my DS Lite has a broken hinge.

Do you know if there's a 3DS update for my flash cart? Or should I buy another one? Maybeeee... someone could do a unnoficial patch? I think I'm not the only one that has this R4i Gold (but it doesn't seem to be popular at all ._.)

Thanks!

XanLoves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Same shi**y card as I have. It unfortunately does not work in the 3DS.
The Star Wars cart is recognised by the firmware, (cool to see it spin in 3d lol) but when you click/tap it to load it it tries, then states there is an error, and to switch the console off.

Not sure if they'll be able to make it work on the 3DS, that team always seem to be about a month behind everyone else and seem to update the r4i-sdhc.com card first. With the 1.4 & 1.41 DSi firmware updates they did however just release new hardware.
Looks grim for us I'd say.
dry.gif

CherrySkitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WAIT. Does that mean that our R4i-Gold is almost the same thing as R4i-SHDC? Once I was helping a friend with activating AR cheats and I noticed that the firmwares are VERY similar, if not the same. Could this mean that if we put the R4i-SDHC firmware in our R4i-Gold, it could work?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only R4iGold "3DS edition" is working.
It's not the same hardware than the R4iGold that the team offered for the Tempmass 2010.

The 3DS edition has a "3DS" logo sticker on the box, along with a "Gold" printed logo.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
There are about 4 or 5 R4i-Gold cards (after having a quick google there's a lot more than that) on the market and AFAIK the www.r4ids.cn is the only one that's updateable to work on the 3DS whereas some of the others have just brought out new cards www.r4igold.eu for example.

Personally I think if you're going to spend all that money on a new console then you should treat yourself and it to a new flashcard. If you haven't much money left get an AceKard 2i or if money is no option try either the iEvolution or the SCDS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.