Hacking Does this micro sd to ms pro duo adapter really work?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001I0T92Q

Like if I buy that along with two 16GB micro sd cards and put it in my psp, will I get 32GB? I ask because that would be cheaper than buying a 32GB memory stick pro duo.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using one with a 16GB and an 8GB, and it works great. Far FAR cheaper then a memory stick of comparable size. I can't say if it's faster or not, as I've never used an official memory stick bigger then 2GBs, but I've never had a speed issue loading games off it.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissenting opinion here....it's an alternative, but it's not as good as a genuine Pro Duo.

*cue Foxi rarararararara!*
It can be faster depending on the adapter and Micro SD speeds but it is pretty much the same or slower usually.
Also a Lexar 32gb pro duo off Amazon is like 55 new and works fine for me.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i would not use these multicard adapters.
just consider this:
if one of these 2 sticks breaks, gets an error or something else happens, _all_ data will be lost
invest into a MicroSD-to-ProDuo-adapter or, even better, with MicroSDHC Support

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dissenting opinion here....it's an alternative, but it's not as good as a genuine Pro Duo.

*cue Foxi rarararararara!*
LOL! You're right though, it's a cost-effective alternative indeed it's not as good as a genuine quick. It just depends on whether someone cares about the difference in read/write speeds. ;)

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use 2x16gb microsdhc's and it works great. Never had a problem with the adaptor. I find 32gb's not enough space tho. Iso's and psx games take up a ton of space. Not sure if it works with 32gb microsd's but you might want to research and see if it can handle 2 32gb cards.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm with Xist on this. I've used the Photofast CR-5400 and an actual MSPD (Sandisk 4GB Mark 2, 30 mb/s) and found the latter was higher performing. I can understand using the Photofast for the sake of storage; but I honestly can't understand why anyone would need more than 8GB.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I honestly can't understand why anyone would need more than 8GB.
Because on my psp the disc drive is broken. And I can't send it to sony to be fixed because they'll find out I hacked it. So I have to rely solely on loading games from the memory stick. And like steve1974 said, it takes up a lot of space.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I use 2x16gb microsdhc's and it works great. Never had a problem with the adaptor. I find 32gb's not enough space tho. Iso's and psx games take up a ton of space. Not sure if it works with 32gb microsd's but you might want to research and see if it can handle 2 32gb cards.

Someone needs to clear up the confusion. Modern PSP firmware definitively supports 64gb. That's no question.

Having a compatible adaptor isn't as certain. I don't know of a list which ones accept so much room.

PSN game buyers need as much space as they can possibly get. There are games over 1gb for download. UFC, WWE...

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i would not use these multicard adapters.
just consider this:
if one of these 2 sticks breaks, gets an error or something else happens, _all_ data will be lost
invest into a MicroSD-to-ProDuo-adapter or, even better, with MicroSDHC Support

That is no problem. You can easily use only one µSD-Card in a multicard adatpter, like I do.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bumping this, but only because they are currently on sale for $1.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a pirate version of that card... take care
Which I can vouch for and say works flawlessly, if not BETTER than the original.

I have bought 4 clones and 3 legit ones. The 4 clones ALL work flawlessly, not a single problem observed with many hours of use. Out of the 3 real ones, 1 works as well as the clones and the other 2 work approx. 20% of the time, only after removing and reinserting the card does it read and that's if I'm lucky. I came to that approximation after trying in 3 different PSP's btw, so it's got a validity. Read/Write speeds are identical amongst all the adaptors (depends on the micro sd class ONLY) so that isn't a factor.

TL;DR The clones are cheaper and work just as well so buy them.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i bought 2, there is no speed problems i should had explained better,

They get toasty and plastic broke into no more than a year, just with the heat of the psp running at 366mhz, mine is a psp fat, adapter still works but micro sd can't be retained into position

maybe just bad luck, maybe cheap plastic, maybe more than 1 clone brand out there, who knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.