does the wii u gamepad need a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Sammythecat, Jan 1, 2013.

Jan 1, 2013
    • Newcomer

Sammythecat New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    hello,

I was thinking of getting a screen protector for my wii u system. I wanted to ask everyone if they think it is needed. There seems to be slim picking when it comes to them. The main hori one has really bad reviews and all the others i see on amazon have very little to no reviews. I bought a decal girl skin for my system because i scratched the glossy black finish on the console not controller. I am not sure how as i don't abuse it maybe it even came like that never thought a system could scratch so easy. I have always taken good care of my systems so i want to make sure i don't have any other issues with it. I put the controller in a plastic tub while watching netflix the other day but it got hot. I was trying to keep it safe from the cats who sometimes get hyper and jump on the bed where it is. Thanks for any advice you can give and if you think its good to have one can you say what one you use and where you got it so i can know what to pick from.

lostdwarf New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    havent had one on mine since launch day over a month ago. I kinda dont want to put one on it either because the screen is perfect to touch and type with (writing this on it now)

driverdis Searching for Pandora

Message Count:
    United States
    I do not use a Screen Protector, instead, I avoid using the plastic stylus when possible and use my Capacitive soft rubber(or close to it) tip stylus.

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Message Count:
    United States

ShadowSoldier New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    ...That's not a screen protector..

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Message Count:
    United States
    -.-

l know that, but the whole idea of it is to protect the upad. I was wondering if this is a more valid way to protect it since the people here seem to be against it.
    Last edited by KingVamp, Jan 6, 2013

ShadowSoldier New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    I'm confused, what the fuck is this thread asking? For a screen protector or a controller protector?

Also if you have cats that jump everywhere, you're not disciplining them enough, kick them outside or something, don't let them jump on shit.

Jan1tor New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Does it NEED one? Depends on how you treat it. I got one (screen protector by HORI) for mine because I know the kind of abuse I'll end up giving it. It went on real easy, as a matter of fact it wen on better than any other screen protector I have ever tried. I can not tell the difference from when I had it off. It seems to work just fine without any problems.
    • Newcomer

officialjunk New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    if you are concerned about the screen, then just get this (i did) and then you can stop worrying about it: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PDP - W...ePad/6608635.p?id=1218761710653&skuId=6608635

Gifted1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Can you post a link to where you can purchase a stylus like the one you have? Or one that similar? Thanks.

driverdis Searching for Pandora

Message Count:
    United States
    i have this stylus
    http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=AMM01TBUS
    but mine is a older revision where its identical to the picture of the purple one, but black color.

the downside is that its not real easy to scroll using it as it does seem like it has a bit of friction against the Gamepad screen doing so. not enough to ruin it tho.
    I use the targus stylus for poke typing and navigation buttons. I use the plastic one for drawing, and i use my finger for scrolling, or fast typing sometimes.

Gifted1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thank you.

jowan New Member

Message Count:
    Colombia
    It's not like it need one but I bought one just in case, but more for like not having to clean fingerprints the whole day and it doesn't interfere with the typing/touching at all

heat6jones New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm not a fan of screen protectors for anything. They're annoying to apply.
    • Banned

Pattonfiend67 You're F'ng Out!

Message Count:
    United States
    does an ass need toilet paper? of course not, look at the muslims...

the screen protector isn't a must but who wants to destroy their screen by not having one?

this is just common sense... can't even believe this question had to be asked...