Hardware Does the regular N3DS leave screen marks like the 3DS did?

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I've been using my regular (non XL) N3DS for a few weeks now and unfortunately it's gotten the screen marks :( It's only a little bit on the left side and no way near as bad as it was on the original 3DS (you can't really see it if you're not looking for it). I've taken very good care of the console, kept it in a carrying case and never put any excessive pressure on it (like keeping it in my pocket or anything).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Alright, I've been using my regular (non XL) N3DS for a few weeks now and unfortunately it's gotten the screen marks :( It's only a little bit on the left side and no way near as bad as it was on the original 3DS (you can't really see it if you're not looking for it). I've taken very good care of the console, kept it in a carrying case and never put any excessive pressure on it (like keeping it in my pocket or anything).
Does it rub off? It might just be dirt/grease.

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it rub off? It might just be dirt/grease.

Yeah of course I've already checked that and no, it does not rub off :(
I should've kept some kind of sheet (like the microfiber cloth mentioned earlier) in between the screens while the device is closed. For some reason the small New 3DS doesn't come with that white protective sheet they usually put between the screens (the New 3DS XL does though, wtf?). Since it wasn't there I figured Nintendo thought the screens would be so far apart that there was no risk of the marks. So much for trusting Nintendo...

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine rub off with my thumb. In order for the screen to actually scratch you must have to hulk smash it closed or something since I've had my O3DS for about 3 years and have always been able to get rid of them.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah of course I've already checked that and no, it does not rub off :(
I should've kept some kind of sheet (like the microfiber cloth mentioned earlier) in between the screens while the device is closed. For some reason the small New 3DS doesn't come with that white protective sheet they usually put between the screens (the New 3DS XL does though, wtf?). Since it wasn't there I figured Nintendo thought the screens would be so far apart that there was no risk of the marks. So much for trusting Nintendo...
Odd, mine came with the white paper sheet. It's cheapo toilet paper quality though so finding a suitable replacement shouldn't be difficult :P

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably been said before, but I don't think the screens having that mark on the N3DS will be a problem. This isn't just because of the 2 little rubber nubs that are on the top screen, but also you have to look at the design of the O3DS bottom housing compared to the newer.
1686077-3dshw11908.jpg
new_nintendo_3ds.png

You can see on the O3DS that the bottom screen is still raised just like the N3DS, but for some odd reason, there was a raised bevel around the screen itself and caused the screen markings. On the N3DS, the panel around the screen is completely flush and flat. Even if something were to happen to the smaller nubs, the screen moving around on a flat surface shouldn't do any lasting damage since there's nothing to "dig" into the screen. Just my 2 cents anyway..

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Mine still has that white protective sheet that it came with, and I've already applied a premium quality Hori screen protector from day one :D

Had a horrible experience with my DSL. I listened to some jerk on the internet who said it doesn't require a screen protector. It had horrible scratches in a short period of time. Never again :)

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Odd, mine came with the white paper sheet. It's cheapo toilet paper quality though so finding a suitable replacement shouldn't be difficult :P

I got my small New 3DS IN a protective sheet (so basically folded around the console) but there was no additional sheet in between the screens. On my new XL though, there were both.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
My white N3DS from Japan, gets little marks on the areas above the screen, just little tiny scratches you need to see at the right light to catch.
My phone's camera doesn't show them, so I can't show a picture.

My top screen has a little dotting going on, but I'm unsure if it's related, it's been closed for over 2 months now waiting for a gateway.

The odd thing I notice with it is the top half of the N3DS seems to warp a little, away from the bottom half when it's closed. This is probably just an optical illusion though.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So far so good on mine, I use it often and so far nothing. It's been only a month tho, the marks may come later (which makes me worry). I'm sure nintendo fixed this issue after the 3DS since no marks have appeared on my 3DSXL and I've had it for over 2 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉