Hardware Does the nx have a camera?

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know nintendo is not known for their camera , but i wonder if they decide to exclude that function to prevent qr code hacks like cubic ninja .

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would necessarily see nintendo doing
Wrong place. Probably exclude it to keep price down. If anything, they could connect to your phone camera.

that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also sorry i was in the nx section but it went to news?

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would necessarily see nintendo doing

that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also sorry i was in the nx section but it went to news?

2PSCN1P.png

I don't see one. Do you? Even so it's hard to imagine a nintendo console without one after the DSi, 3DS and WiiU.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember this likely is prototype hardware.

We're currently 4-5 months pre-launch. The design is definitely finalized by now. I think this is exactly what we're getting. Has Nintendo ever shown off hardware that didn't end up being exactly what we got?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't see the point in having a camera on a video game device. I think past experiences have shown that it was a gimmick that didn't have a real use.

The gameplay ideas need to come first. It shouldn't be let's add a camera and see what the developers can come with...
should be the other way round

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changes can still come later that might include a camera.
It would be on the underside of the Tablet.
lol
iphone 5's two Cameras cost a total of $18.00
That is peanuts.
Still an added cost.

Connect to phone camera? If I were Nintendo, I would come out with a separate, proprietary camera accessory and force people to buy it...More profitable that way.
A camera that connects to the dock? Maybe, but forcing to buy to play a game would be a no go.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
We're currently 4-5 months pre-launch. The design is definitely finalized by now. I think this is exactly what we're getting. Has Nintendo ever shown off hardware that didn't end up being exactly what we got?
The Wii U gamepad was shown as prototype hardware at E3 in summer, a few months prior to its release in November.

Reactions: pikpol

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U gamepad was shown as prototype hardware at E3 in summer, a few months prior to its release in November.

I just watched a video highlighting the differences between the 2011 wiiu gamepad shown at E3 and the finalized design. The gamepads are mostly the same, but notably the button positions were slightly different and the 2011 gamepad's control sticks resembled 3DS circle pads (rather than the traditional console control sticks we ended up getting).

So you're totally right that Nintendo has shown off prototype hardware in the past. The difference here is that E3 2011 was 17 months before launch, and now we're 3/4 months from launch. If you look at promotional material for the wiiu 3/4 months prior to launch, you'll see that the gamepad was identical to what we ended up getting.

With that in mind; I don't think the design of the NS is going to change between now and launch. At this point they're already producing units.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just watched a video highlighting the differences between the 2011 wiiu gamepad shown at E3 and the finalized design. The gamepads are mostly the same, but notably the button positions were slightly different and the 2011 gamepad's control sticks resembled 3DS circle pads (rather than the traditional console control sticks we ended up getting).

So you're totally right that Nintendo has shown off prototype hardware in the past. The difference here is that E3 2011 was 17 months before launch, and now we're 3/4 months from launch. If you look at promotional material for the wiiu 3/4 months prior to launch, you'll see that the gamepad was identical to what we ended up getting.

With that in mind; I don't think the design of the NS is going to change between now and launch. At this point they're already producing units.
I stand corrected. The Wii U was shown at E3 2011, not at E3 2012 as I thought. It seems this really is finalised hardware.

Reactions: x65943

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the nx had a camera we can understand if ar, qr or facial scans will be a thing. Also it shows what resorces we could be limited to for the homebrew that will happen but obiviously far from now

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's big enough to have a camera.
It's going to have a camera.
If the 3DS had a camera, the Switch will have a camera.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1