Hacking Does the brand of the Micro SD Card matter? DSTWO

Supercheeser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said in the title, does it matter which micro SD card? I'm wondering if there is anything to look out for, I am looking for a 16gb one, and I see this kingston brand one and it is an okay price, anyone has experiences with this card?

I'm mostly looking for my options for the DSTWO , and am looking to find a good micro sd card, at a good price. any suggestions for a good cheap 16gb or higher?

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The brand does matter, but not as much as you might think. Any major brand with a good reputation (Kingston, Sandisk, Patriot, Transcend, I'm sure there are others) will work fine. A-DATA is another major brand, often with noticeable cheaper prices. Reviews on newegg indicate A-DATA cards are less reliable, and my own experience with them backs this up. My last A-DATA card broke after a few months, and all my other cards (Sandisk 2GB, Sandisk 8GB class 4, Transcend 8GB class 6, Kingston 1GB, and Kingston 8GB class 4) still work.

If you are interested in Class 10 cards, the 16gb ones from Patriot are $40, less if you want the class 4 version (Patriot doesn't seem to have any class 6 microSD cards on Newegg right now). Patriot seems to make the best Class 10 cards on the market for the best price at the moment as well, if the reviews are any indication.

Supercheeser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, but I am a total newbie when it comes to the terminology of "Class" could anyone care to explain how a class would make for a better Micro SD Card?

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that class is write speed. I think it affects how long the ROM takes to load, but I'm not sure. I use a Lexar 8GB Class 4 card, and it loads games at 3 seconds tops.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's write speed, and read speed usually corresponds with it, the dstwo works fine with class 2 cards although class 4 or higher is recommended as the class affects how long it takes to transfer files to the card and it also affects cutscenes during games (or any type of media that is always the same, ei. videos, music, or loading text)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.