Hacking Does softmodding and hardmodding get you banned from the psn?

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this ps3, it's used but has no data, just had a user name. I want to be able to play online, is there a mod that still let's you play online, and possibly things like stealth similar to the 360?

Somewhat unrelated but probably common knowledge:
Is it still true you can get games from people that downloaded them? How?

Edit: It's on 3.60.

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So were people able to play online after softmodding or hardmodding?

Basically want to know if I should update to 3.65 or to wait for a mod. If there's no hope of playing online with a mod, then I'll just update to 3.65 and find out how to get games from other people.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres no progress in hacking new firmwares, might as well upgrade to 3.61 or 3.65 (either one will allow PSN access)
your on 3.60 right now so it wont matter what firmware your on since the new security was introduced back in 3.56

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.60 means = no modding at all for you, AND you'll never be able to play downloaded games from anyone. You WILL be able to go online, though....

3.55 or lower = good news! you can play downloaded games! Or rent a game and rip it to your internal/external drive! and play homebrew games! No mod to play online though....

FYI....

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Does softmodding and hardmodding get you banned from the psn?"

That's kind of a moot question... once you mod your PS3 you can no longer get onto PSN (at least the regular way). There are alternatives, though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
"Does softmodding and hardmodding get you banned from the psn?"

That's kind of a moot question... once you mod your PS3 you can no longer get onto PSN (at least the regular way). There are alternatives, though.
you used to be able to get online with cfw, proxy bypasses, and just regular spoof's
that ship has long since sailed but yes they could ban you, a bunch of people have been warned via email and then gotten banned for continuing to go on psn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr