Homebrew Does renaming Wii ISO's make any diff when using with Wii/Dolphin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some ISO's and some WAD game files. If I rename those files does it make any difference with the Wii or Dolphin ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got some ISO's and some WAD game files. If I rename those files does it make any difference with the Wii or Dolphin ?
This is in the wrong section.
Anyway, Dolphin reads all metadata from the iso/wbfs file and from the save data (the icon is read from the save data I believe), unlike some USB loaders which read it from the filename and get the rest from GameTDB.

Reactions: HugaTheFox

Noob75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay
This is in the wrong section.
Anyway, Dolphin reads all metadata from the iso/wbfs file and from the save data (the icon is read from the save data I believe), unlike some USB loaders which read it from the filename and get the rest from GameTDB.

So for Dolphin no problem at all changing names of files, good thanks.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dolphin, no, because it gets all the metadata from inside the file like someone else said.

Wii USB Loaders might, not too sure though. I think USB Loader GX requires the files to have its Game ID as the name, but don't quote me on this.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think the only time you need to worry about file names are with multi-disc GC games played on a Wii.
Well, in general GC games ran on Wii should always be named game.iso, with the second disc named disc2.iso, third one disc3.iso (are there even any games with that many discs?) and so on. According to the Nintendont thread you have to name them that way, no question about it. Regardless of whether the game is single disc or multidisc.
And I believe DIOS MIOS has the same requirements, except it supports extracted and compressed formats as well (Nintendont might support compressed formats, but certainly not extracted ones)
Anyway, like you said, it only matters on a real Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat