does my laptop hate me for playing specify games?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Gamerjin, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Gamerjin
    OP

Gamerjin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    I have a laptop running:
    x64 based Windows 10 (v.1607 accord to winver.exe)
    AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon HD graphic card
    6 GB Ram
    i fairly sure DirectX is up to date.

and yet i for the life of me and gaming, have h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e slow game playing on primary two games:
    Prototype2 -
    Eroico -

the youtube link are for reference of the speed im suppose to be getting....
    and yet the weird part:
    after going through a L-O-N-G struggle to get win7 dual-booting: Eroico plays fine.
    on my other dual-booting server with a win10 that's a few version behind: Eroico plays fine.
    prototype2 i know has framerate issues, but not to the point of excessive lagging....

so, back to the main question....if these other OSes can play them, why cant my up-to-date win10 play them?

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Some games aren't properly optimized for AMD systems, and the APUs are pretty terrible to begin with.

3. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    Plus your running W10 i had to find alternative ways to play some older titles that worked perfectly on XP/W7.

My laptop has a pretty good spec, but I have to reduce the settings to minimal in order to get a decent speed out of it.

4. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Laptops in general get worse overtime and since they aren't customizable you kinda have to deal with the long term issues
    I had to part ways with my xps laptop when I couldn't record while playing mainly the cpu being used alot

6. Gamerjin
    OP

Gamerjin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    ok, so in short.....
    time to move on to the towers....
    got it!
    will leave open for any other suggestions...