Hardware Does Hard mod work on 2.1?

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
somehow i got stuck on 2.1 broken sysnand, and can't get my hard mod to connect to my pc.
i get 400 and 200 and and even sometimes DFDFFFFF FFFFFFFFF 200 error codes, and i've bin hooked up and rebooting my 3ds since over 7 hours and can't get it to connect (giving me the format drive option)
this hard mod used to work fine, it always took like 20/30 hook up's before i'd work but not this long.
anyone a clue?

Update: i got my 3ds restored after 17 hours of pluggin and unplugging usb it finally worked. that was plain horror, good that i like shiny hunting and i have lot's of patience :P

Last edited by Dennis G,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah a hardmod will work on any FW, try use the same SD card reader you used last time as some readers do not work for it, if all else fails something may have came loose inside

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah a hardmod will work on any FW, try use the same SD card reader you used last time as some readers do not work for it, if all else fails something may have came loose inside
i use exacly the same setup, i have like a "hard mod kit" that i keep in a box with dedicated stuff to hard mod restoring,
i use the trascend ts-rdp8K reader, i have short wires in my 3ds, short franken sd and it used to work even though it always took a lot of tries before it detected it, how fast do ya'll hardmods get reconized by pc?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pretty much straight away, but sometime it may need a console reboot or to be unplugged and re-inserted, but 9/10 it should pop up pretty much straight away (well say about 5 seconds after inserting the SD card to the reader)

sounds like maybe you have a loose connection somewhere

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pretty much straight away, but sometime it may need a console reboot or to be unplugged and re-inserted, but 9/10 it should pop up pretty much straight away (well say about 5 seconds after inserting the SD card to the reader)

sounds like maybe you have a loose connection somewhere
just checked with a multimeter, everything is just as it was when it did connect to pc, but i NEVER had it reconized streight away :S always needed lot of tries but what reader do you use?

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ouch same as me, i always need to reconnect the usb cable to pc till the blue light on the reader will start flashing instead of beeing steady, it does read msd cards streight away :s
how do you connect it, i put the franken sd in the reader then connect it to my 3ds, then boot till blue screen and after that connect the reader to pc with the rest hooked up

Last edited by Dennis G,

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hard mod was temporary and all I had were short wires directly to the SD card connector piece I created myself out of a circuit board piece and the wires were just a drop of solder shaped to the right flat shape to hold flat on the test points, save for the CLK one which had a tiny wire protruding from it to slide into the test point hole through the 3DS board. It worked immediately all 4 times I used it.

I remember reading that you need an SD card reader that's compatible with MMC cards, the really old ones used for old digital cameras. The card reader I use is a cheap $4 hong kong one I bought off ebay that's got all old hardware and was made for slower cards... USB 2.0, even. Did you try other readers? Slower readers? Mine doesn't even have a light in it... I just wait a moment after the blue screen before connecting.

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My hard mod was temporary and all I had were short wires directly to the SD card connector piece I created myself out of a circuit board piece and the wires were just a drop of solder shaped to the right flat shape to hold flat on the test points, save for the CLK one which had a tiny wire protruding from it to slide into the test point hole through the 3DS board. It worked immediately all 4 times I used it.

I remember reading that you need an SD card reader that's compatible with MMC cards, the really old ones used for old digital cameras. The card reader I use is a cheap $4 hong kong one I bought off ebay that's got all old hardware and was made for slower cards... USB 2.0, even. Did you try other readers? Slower readers? Mine doesn't even have a light in it... I just wait a moment after the blue screen before connecting.
this setup used to work, and i have exacly the reader that is confirmed to work on new 3ds xl, lot's of people use it, and it even worked on mine, it just stopped working after downgrading to 2.1, since then it stopped working.

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i know but amazon does not ship to netherlands, i bougth a anker from someone on this forum but he has yet to ship it and it will take a month from america to ship, and i got my 3ds running, after 17 hours of pluggin the usb out and in it finnaly reconized it again and i could restore it.

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to check your connector... it might have a busted spot that only rears its ugly head when something is plugged into it and pressing against the contact prongs.

Reactions: Ace_Axel

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might want to check your connector... it might have a busted spot that only rears its ugly head when something is plugged into it and pressing against the contact prongs.
At the moment i can run emunand ( sysnand is broken as hell, have diff topic on that) i'll stick with my emunand atm and wait till all my ordered stuff comes in then i'll replace my hard mod with a usb port :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM