PS1/2 Does anyone on here offer a PS2 modchip installation service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopunch89

In a galaxy, slightly too far away...
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a few Free McBoot cards setup for me by people from here, just wondering if anyone offered a modchip service so I can play my US games without needing to buy another console or burn the ISO to a new disc.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfortunately located in the US, shipping cost probably not be worth it.

Last edited by dilav,

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've had a few Free McBoot cards setup for me by people from here, just wondering if anyone offered a modchip service so I can play my US games without needing to buy another console or burn the ISO to a new disc.
Why do you want to put a chip into your ps2 if you have free mcboot?

satopunch89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfortunately located in the US, shipping cost probably not be worth it.

Yeah probably not. Thanks anyway.

Sounds like OP wanted direct booting of imported games.

That's right. I don't see the point spending extra on an external hard drive or burning everything to disc and using homebrew when I own the discs and would rather just use them directly in my PS2.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah probably not. Thanks anyway.

That's right. I don't see the point spending extra on an external hard drive or burning everything to disc and using homebrew when I own the discs and would rather just use them directly in my PS2.
Fat ps2 pr slim? Just curious.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slim right now. Been trying to get my old fat back off someone but doesn't look like that'll happen.
I understand. In your case though since they are import games i figured you would want to preserve them to save them from damage like scratching and use burned disc for playing the games.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You technical don't need a mod chip IMO. If you already have a FMCB setup, install ESR , so patched iso's will directly boot (DVD only games and CD-R games converted to DVD-R) and also the Swap magic, so you can swap original discs that are out of region. If you also have a phat PS2, install a HDD and use (OPL) Open PS2 loader, which will save the laser in the long run.

Tbh, I have not burnt a PS2 disc or even used my original discs for the past 5 years, since using OPL.

Reactions: cvskid

satopunch89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You technical don't need a mod chip IMO. If you already have a FMCB setup, install ESR , so patched iso's will directly boot (DVD only games and CD-R games converted to DVD-R) and also the Swap magic, so you can swap original discs that are out of region. If you also have a phat PS2, install a HDD and use (OPL) Open PS2 loader, which will save the laser in the long run.

Tbh, I have not burnt a PS2 disc or even used my original discs for the past 5 years, since using OPL.

I was trying to get my fat PS2 back so I could use OPL and rip my legitimate discs, for convenience.

I understand. In your case though since they are import games i figured you would want to preserve them to save them from damage like scratching and use burned disc for playing the games.

The amount I play them, any damage would be unnoticeable honestly, so that's not much of an issue to me.

Reactions: cvskid

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
You already can do that. OPL also supports SMB over ethernet. You can rip your games to your computer and network your computer and PS2 together. Then play your games through the network. It's about as fast as playing from a hard drive if your connection is decent. You can then have a big database of games on your computer and you preserve your PS2s disc drive.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah when it works, the right PS2 modchip is amazing. Installing them not so much...
Few other solutions have quite the same ability to boot imports and backups, including PS1, right from the disc tray without needing even a flip top.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PSA: Modchip is no longer needed to boot import Discs on Most PS2s thanks to Mechapwn. It can be used on Every PS2 after the 50000 series, even the latest FMCB incompatible PS2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.