Gaming Does anyone else think the item balance is terrible in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Do you think the items are balanced?

• Total voters

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant even get a ghost in first. that is THE item to have in first. you can take anything and it is defense against everything. its even better then a speaker. in mario kart 64 you could get a ghost in 1-4th place. the ghost does nothing good in 12th place

Last edited by Captain_N,
Reactions: McWhiters9511
S

Saiyan Lusitano

you cant even get a ghost in first. that is THE item to have in first. you can take anything and it is defense against everything. its even better then a speaker. in mario kart 64 you could get a ghost in 1-4th place. the ghost does nothing good in 12th place
Boo as the item does screw with the 1st place racer as he can steal the horn or anything he/she has.

Best combo to avoid Boo: Coin + Horn

If you get hit by a thunder.. Nothing can save you on first place.

Battleboy01

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's called Mario Kart. In Mario Kart 8, the distance-based item distribution made the game more strategic, and balanced. I suggest you to git gud, because this only ressembles to "I lost, so it's da gamez fault". Even if you're last, there's someone who arrives first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And actually, MK8 Deluxe is the first time where you cannot abuse the game's engine to get ""good"". There was MKDD's A-tech, MKDS's snaking, MKWii's broken air physics and bikes, MK7's broken offroad stats and Metal Mario, MK8's fire hopping and demon sliding.

Nope. It's not called getting good. It's called Nintendo catering to little toddlers who can't play for shit so they won't let skill prevail. It\s hard enough to get past a Dry Bones in first on Mirror mode. I get first, I'm further in the lead than everyone else and then some fucker throws a blue shell, 2 seconds later a lightning bolt hits and then ared shell finishes me off. Hi stars, you gonna hit me too? There's a video proving that this bullshit is exactly that and Nintendo need to stop making Mario Kart fair on little scrubs who played on a mode that's too difficult. To have computers abusing that system is even worse. Let's make the game good people.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread explaind my thoughts exactly. No longer is this game a battle of skill, but rather luck. If you're doing a great job front running, you can kiss first place goodbye because the game will END you with 2 blue shells...

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's called Mario Kart. In Mario Kart 8, the distance-based item distribution made the game more strategic, and balanced. I suggest you to git gud, because this only ressembles to "I lost, so it's da gamez fault". Even if you're last, there's someone who arrives first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And actually, MK8 Deluxe is the first time where you cannot abuse the game's engine to get ""good"". There was MKDD's A-tech, MKDS's snaking, MKWii's broken air physics and bikes, MK7's broken offroad stats and Metal Mario, MK8's fire hopping and demon sliding.

Im actually really interested by how you know so much, technicality of the game. I've been playing since mario kart 64 and no nothing beside the basic lol

But I love deluxe, It feels a bit more challenging and frustrating most other games I just get to first and that's it now I actually have to worry about keeping first and people behind me.

Sasarai

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Piece of shit of a game. Impossible to race due to the abusive amount of items. They are also really unbalanced. It is just a headache.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Honestly, I like this game as-is. The items are balanced, just not in the way OP thinks. What items you get is based on your physical distance from the person in 1st, not your placement. If you are close to 1st, you're gonna get worse items than you would when being farther away, regardless of if you're 2nd or 7th. If you've been 1st for three laps and get far ahead of everyone, expect to get hit.
I actually prefer Deluxe's 2-slot system to the Wii U version, because it makes races much more frantic and interesting. There's been many times I was bored on the Wii U version because I was just sitting in 1st place, with no challenge or obstacles, and people behind me didn't attack because they themselves were afraid of getting hit. Also, Deluxe's invincibility frames have been extended and do a great job of avoiding you getting hit in quick succession.

Also, nice necrobump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there