GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I loved it regardless
smile.gif
Hard for me to dislike some things, and I've actually watched the farewell scene repeatedly on iPlayer
smile.gif
We did record it, but I can watch it there when I'm at the computer and something else is on TV.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
laker12 said:
WOW what a finale ... he definetly will be missed...just saw the new promo for the new doctor looks interesting..what do you guys think?
I admit - I've only just watch 'End Of time' yesterday (I waited until I had both episodes & then crashed out on settee to watch the whole thing with no interuptions)

Still think Tennant was the best Doctor (Close second was Tom Baker) - I also still think the 'Doctor Smith & Jones' season was the best

Not bad - seen better & I admit some scenes there were stupid errors (HOW MUCH GAP in the glass doors that supposing prevent radioactivity to escape !!!) but what I really am miffed about is in fact the trailer for the new season

For us DW addicts - we know that the Doctor although always threatens he never resorts to mindless violence, but in the trailer I saw the new Doc
i) Run in a room & punch a person who's doesn't seem to be threatening anyone
ii) Hit a Dalek with a Mallet (did anyone notice the Dalek seemed to be wearing army type pouches ???)
iii) Fire a gun (& we KNOW the Doctor hates Guns)

I've a feeling that the new Doc gonna be more 'action orientated'

andytjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I enjoyed the last episode, but I am very skeptical of the new guy. It looks like he has a catchphrase 'geronimo', he said it when he became the new doctor and once in the trailer. I HATE CATCHPHRASES!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
For us DW addicts - we know that the Doctor although always threatens he never resorts to mindless violence, but in the trailer I saw the new Doc
ii) Hit a Dalek with a Mallet (did anyone notice the Dalek seemed to be wearing army type pouches ???)

It could easily just be the new Doc creating a different persona for himself and being a generally more eccentric and outgoing person. The mallet is pretty madcap and the uppercut he gives that scientist is pretty stupid looking. That said the gun thing is a little disconcerting as its a well established fact but the shot is out of context in the trailer so you don't know why or what he's shooting.

QUOTE(andytjm @ Jan 4 2010, 07:25 PM) I enjoyed the last episode, but I am very skeptical of the new guy. It looks like he has a catchphrase 'geronimo', he said it when he became the new doctor and once in the trailer. I HATE CATCHPHRASES!

Tennant had the thing with running, it was sort of his running gimmick throughout his time as the Doctor

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
andytjm said:
I enjoyed the last episode, but I am very skeptical of the new guy. It looks like he has a catchphrase 'geronimo', he said it when he became the new doctor and once in the trailer. I HATE CATCHPHRASES!
Hang on IIRC Most of the Doctors had catchphases of some sort (something they always said) &/or gimmicks anyway

Anyone remember these ??

"hmm" - William Hartnell
"When I say run, Run!" - Patrick Troughton
"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!" - Jon Pertwee
"Would you like a Jelly-baby?" - Tom baker
"Fantastic" - Christopher Eccleston
"Allons-y" - David Tennant

I admit the following 'Doctors' didn't really have a catchphase but IMHO I thought the series was going downhill once they got Peter D in - but started to 'pick-up' when Sylvestor McCoy came in with the 'darker mysterious past' of the Doc (but unfortunately that's when the-powers-that-be cancelled it)

Peter Davidson, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:

He's going through a new regeneration and so that could effect the way he acts. As for firing a gun, pretty sure that he was aiming at something that isn't alive rather than trying to kill something/someone.

If you're trying to save the day by say shooting something of the roof and there is nothing else that'll get the job done then you're going to use a gun.

As for hitting a Dalek on the head with a mallet, I dont see the different between that and just slamming them into walls or off ledges.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget the First Doctor nearly managed to kill a Caveman/Neanderthal with a rock...

I'm wondering who the mysterious woman was; it could've been Romana...
rolleyes.gif

I liked the Eighth Doctor, I wish he had more than just a movie. I know he has audio adventures, but they're probably only semi-canon at best. Although the idea in the movie that he was half-human was just silly.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
David Tennant was a great Doctor IMO, but before him didn't have much time to shine. He actually looked more like a Doctor Who style character.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaz. said:
David Tennant was a great Doctor IMO, but before him didn't have much time to shine. He actually looked more like a Doctor Who style character.
bull shit look at the dr whos in line they are changing the docs look more and more with each one
david tennant was awesome in general but as a doctor he is no big deal just like DT the new doc will be a badass somewhere down the line and everyone will love him or he will get killed off early and they will introduce a ginger..

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ProtoKun7 said:
I'd love to see another Doctor crossover; maybe this time 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th
smile.gif

Love to see him meet with Paul McGann... that would be so cool and would make up for his single apearance as the Doctor, as Doctors go I though there was a lot of potential there that never got realised...

Top Doc's IMHO are Tom Baker, Peter Davison and David Tennant all of them developed into good characters once they hit their stride....

I will wait to see what the new boy is like but he looks to young, made to look to old...... Time will tell (get it ? TIME will tell, oh please yourself )

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
11th Doctor did look spiffy at the end of The End of Time Part 2. He was ugly when I saw a random pic of him on Google though. Seriously, looked like an emo and/or a fag. Looks good on the set though. Didn't expect that. I kind of expected that other guy to be the Doctor, you know the one that was somehow implanted with nothing but information about The Doctor.... :\ LOL He flew around in a balloon... That's no TARDIS. I lol'd when I saw that... But somehow I expected that guy to be the new Doctor. Oh how wrong I was. At least I didn't have to feel stupid... Two other people thought the same thing with me.

Hey, did anyone notice that at like 1am central time they showed The Water of Mars, then The End of Time Part 1, then The End of Time Part 2, and then some interview of David Tennant on some show i've never heard of and it originally aired in a time I call "Who the fuckin' bloody hell cares/knows?"? I doubt anyone would stay up that long just to watch Doctor Who. I mean, I had to record them because it was too freakin early in the morning to be staying up to or waking up at. I mean, it wouldn't be too early to wake up then if I had one of them alarm clocks that run away and hide once you hit snooze..... But still, other than that I wouldn't be able to sit through an episode of Doctor Who at that time without falling asleep.

But enough of my rambling. LOL

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
11th Doctor did look spiffy at the end of The End of Time Part 2. He was ugly when I saw a random pic of him on Google though. Seriously, looked like an emo and/or a fag. Looks good on the set though. Didn't expect that. I kind of expected that other guy to be the Doctor, you know the one that was somehow implanted with nothing but information about The Doctor.... :\ LOL He flew around in a balloon... That's no TARDIS. I lol'd when I saw that... But somehow I expected that guy to be the new Doctor. Oh how wrong I was. At least I didn't have to feel stupid... Two other people thought the same thing with me.

Hey, did anyone notice that at like 1am central time they showed The Water of Mars, then The End of Time Part 1, then The End of Time Part 2, and then some interview of David Tennant on some show i've never heard of and it originall
y aired in a time I call "Who the fuckin' bloody hell cares/knows?"? I doubt anyone would stay up that long just to watch Doctor Who. I mean, I had to record them because it was too freakin early in the morning to be staying up to or waking up at. I mean, it wouldn't be too early to wake up then if I had one of them alarm clocks that run away and hide once you hit snooze..... But still, other than that I wouldn't be able to sit through an episode of Doctor Who at that time without falling asleep.

But enough of my rambling. LOL
WTF?
You Sir are either very old or very young

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
I'd love to see another Doctor crossover; maybe this time 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th
smile.gif
Its the 50th anniversary in 2013 so they'll probably do a multi Doctor special.

Contenders:
Tennant appearing might be deemed too soon but likely seeing he loves the show.
I'd doubt Ecclestone would ever go back. I think he only did it in the first place because he's friends with RTD. Still is does love how the kids and fans accepted him so its always possible, I'd love to see him return than anyone.
Paul Mcgann would return, he still does audios.
Sylvester McCoy...I hope not but I can see it being likely.
Peter Davison probably might.

The rest would probably look too different due to age or be too dead to return, I know Tom Baker has expressed interest in being a baddy one day. Perhaps they could have some sort of excuse to why previous Doctors have aged.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
There are rumours about a Dr Who film (starring David Tennant) being announced soon, or maybe it's been announced and I'm being stupid. Either way it would be interesting to see what they do about it.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
L-Lawliet said:
There are rumours about a Dr Who film (starring David Tennant) being announced soon, or maybe it's been announced and I'm being stupid. Either way it would be interesting to see what they do about it.
Never heard about that...

Although Ninth may not return, I would like to see him return, as he's only had 13 episodes, and it'd be nice to see him again.
What I like about the 1996 film is that it was a hit in the UK, while Americans weren't fans (I'd like to think they couldn't understand it
smileipb2.png
)

And I think I read that the film isn't even available in North America
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...