Doctor Who?

laker12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW what a finale ... he definetly will be missed...just saw the new promo for the new doctor looks interesting..what do you guys think?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
A few things noticed about Tennant's Last episode.

1. He cocked that pistol 4 times with taking his thumb off the hammer at the back

2. He had the trigger pulled THE WHOLE TIME!!! (seriously, check the close up shots of the gun)

3. WHo the fuck designed that radiation system? Ok, we've got this radiation proof box we can use to contain radiation in the event of an overload but otherwise seems to serve no purpose BUT we're going to force 1 person to be in it at all times for NO APPARENT REASON!!!!

Otherwise a great episode and I liked the end of the Time Lords, hopefully they will attempt to devise another way out of the time lock later on for the Doctor to thwart again or maybe even escape and be generally evil.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a good episode until the part he left the booth then it overstayed its welcome. It was really drawn out and that bit in the alien bar made me vomit it was so fucking bad.

Law said:
Needed more Bernard Cribbins.
+1 the guy was great in it, one of the few characters introduced in this run that I liked (other being Sally Sparrow who was in Blink)

Didn't care for this Doctor much, preferred Ecclestones so much more, Tennent did grate on me at times but I didn't mind him mostly.

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Jan 2 2010, 02:05 PM) A few things noticed about Tennant's Last episode.

1. He cocked that pistol 4 times with taking his thumb off the hammer at the back

2. He had the trigger pulled THE WHOLE TIME!!! (seriously, check the close up shots of the gun)

3. WHo the fuck designed that radiation system? Ok, we've got this radiation proof box we can use to contain radiation in the event of an overload but otherwise seems to serve no purpose BUT we're going to force 1 person to be in it at all times for NO APPARENT REASON!!!!
One of many reasons to why RTD going is no great loss, all of his episodes had more plot holes then a series of Red Dwarf. Also those had great big gaps in them new the doors...wtf?

Now the hack RTD is not in charge I'm hoping for a better run of episodes, I loved the first series but the others had some really awful episodes and the companions were getting old fast. Catherine Tate...jesus fucking christ, she was worse than Bonnie Langford. Even Adric had some redeeming qualities.

Stephen Moffat is in charge now and he has done my favourite modern Who episodes (Empty Child, The Doctor Dances, The Girl In The Fireplace &Blink) as well as the very good Jekyll series with James Nesbitt .

The new episodes are said to be more darker but still fun like the first series which I would welcome if true. Read some interviews and read that its a all new clean start, no reoccuring companions from that run and that its sort of a reboot with a few of "classic" enemies being remodelled and such. When the series first came back I was against Daleks being remodelled and while I doubt they will be dramatically remodelled this time I'd still welcome it just to shake some things up a bit. Cybermen I don't mind either seeing altered but for god sake the Mondas ones and not the alt universe ones of late.

There were rumours that the next series would be more Earthbound, after seeing the TARDIS pretty much get borked at the end and hearing that the BBC has to spend less on episodes I can see this being true, which would be good, the team could focus more on story than spend time thinking up planets, sets and so on. Jon Pertwees Doctor was Earthbound and thats one of my favourite series so it wont hurt.

After the brief glimpse of the new Doctor it seems that the rumours of him being more of a "erratic & insane" Doctor could be true and I actually liked his time on the screen, though someone should take off that Frankenstein's Monster mask that he is currently wearing.

So for once I'm looking forward to a new series, first time since the second series, while 2-4 series weren't bad, they just had too many episodes that were either meh or horrible.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I enjoyed this episode; as soon as Wilf entered the radiation chamber I knew the problem would be getting him out again. Idiot.

It might've been designed like that so that there was always someone to maintain it; maybe there was an override somewhere for normal usage. In part one, I'm trying to think whether we saw two people come out at the same time.

The editing with the gun was awful though; I noticed that too.

New pictures show the TARDIS with the St. John's Ambulance logo on again; don't know if I'd like it being back or not. The trailer looks good for Series 5, and because a logo was announced in October, there's a good chance for a new intro. The current one kinda gets old after being more or less the same after 4-5 years.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
there's a good chance for a new intro. The current one kinda gets old after being more or less the same after 4-5 years.
Its being redone too, hopefully it wont sound like the news theme this time.

Maybe they should go more old school this time, make it more errie.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quite frankly, I also didn't like the fact Russel T Davies added overtones to virtually all the stories he wrote; that alone makes me glad he's going.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
...as soon as Wilf entered the radiation chamber I knew the problem would be getting him out again. Idiot.

I noticed that when he went into the chamber, there was no-one in before him. How did that person get out?
blink.gif

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thoob said:
ProtoKun7 said:
...as soon as Wilf entered the radiation chamber I knew the problem would be getting him out again. Idiot.

I noticed that when he went into the chamber, there was no-one in before him. How did that person get out?
blink.gif
Yes there was, he went in in order to let someone else out. Mixed man with short hair IIRC.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Didn't care for this Doctor much, preferred Ecclestones so much more, Tennent did grate on me at times but I didn't mind him mostly.

I loved Tennant as the Doctor. He had a good persona going as a pretty fun Doctor with his fast techno-babble and love of running but he was good at the serious parts as well.

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Jan 2 2010, 03:30 PM) There were rumours that the next series would be more Earthbound, after seeing the TARDIS pretty much get borked at the end and hearing that the BBC has to spend less on episodes I can see this being true, which would be good, the team could focus more on story than spend time thinking up planets, sets and so on. Jon Pertwees Doctor was Earthbound and thats one of my favourite series so it wont hurt.

Actually I think the TARDIS being borked was more of an excuse to give it a makeover than anything else. They've re-done its exterior (judging by a few shots I've seen) which probably means that the interior's getting a revamp as well. The current Tardis interior has been there for quite a while.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna miss Ten, looking forward to the new series though.

Jamstruth said:
Actually I think the TARDIS being borked was more of an excuse to give it a makeover than anything else. They've re-done its exterior (judging by a few shots I've seen) which probably means that the interior's getting a revamp as well. The current Tardis interior has been there for quite a while.

I miss the original, less organic one!

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The tech interior did look good
smile.gif
albeit tamer by today's standards.

I also remember Rassilon referring to the two that were against his plan as weeping angels. Significant? I think so.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
The interior use to get a revamp with each new Doctor.

dws5trailer-00002.jpg

Only just seen the new trailer...Silurians...nice.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
Hadrian said:

I loved Tennant as the Doctor. He had a good persona going as a pretty fun Doctor with his fast techno-babble and love of running but he was good at the serious parts as well.

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Jan 2 2010, 03:30 PM) There were rumours that the next series would be more Earthbound, after seeing the TARDIS pretty much get borked at the end and hearing that the BBC has to spend less on episodes I can see this being true, which would be good, the team could focus more on story than spend time thinking up planets, sets and so on. Jon Pertwees Doctor was Earthbound and thats one of my favourite series so it wont hurt.

Steven Moffat has already said he wants to make changes like the logo and also the inside of the Tardis, the logo is on the BBC webste already

Doctor%20Who%20new%20logo.jpg

and they are keeping tight lipped about the new Tardis interior....

Matt smith is going to look like a dweeb with a bow tie on though..... like Indiana Jones when he is at the school

2010series3.jpg

wacko.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
ProtoKun7 said:
there's a good chance for a new intro. The current one kinda gets old after being more or less the same after 4-5 years.
Its being redone too, hopefully it wont sound like the news theme this time.

Maybe they should go more old school this time, make it more errie.

Maybe they should get Bill Bailey to do it.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decent episode. I would have edited the two episodes into a 90 minute episode (with a 3 minute interlude smack dab in the middle).

Not bothering with the new series. No interest. I wonder if there is any truth to Tennant being considered for Bilbo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...