Hardware Dock Mod to Prevent Screen Scratches.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Not a chance, if there was physical damage being done by the dock there would be pictures everywhere... I have yet to see even one single picture, other than that article that came out with the gouges that started this whole movement.
Lies. You're just not looking for it and then pretend there's not "one single picture" available.

Comparing a Switch to a car. Pff.

*Shrug* Get a screen protector, problem solved.
Exactly. A tempered screen protector from eBay is super cheap.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should get this when it comes out. April 20

es6pav.jpg

23r90gp.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.jp/FRONT-COVE...d=1489111319&sr=1-26&keywords=Nintendo+switch

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lies. You're just not looking for it and then pretend there's not "one single picture" available.

Comparing a Switch to a car. Pff.

Exactly. A tempered screen protector from eBay is super cheap.

Got one from AmFilm, 4.5 stars, the "licensed premium" one, 1.5 stars lol.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You keep bringing that up lolz.

0708719d6fe2fb9063e66f3b24f5087c.jpg

Childish. The mere fact you think the Dock doesn't screen the Switch shows how naive you are.

Or this:

81m1iYXQHzL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XBRF7N4/ref=twister_B06XCL563X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got this:

71PfVemkCYL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/?tag=androidcent08-20&ascsubtag=UUimUdUnU41329

Orzly gives you 2 in a pack unlike casebase...

The cover for the Switch only covers the screen itself while leaves the Joy-Cons unprotected, as advertised. Not ideal, tbh. As for the tempered glass screen protectors, they're ultimately all the same thing but advertised differently to grab the customer's attention and buy from them.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Trolling skill level 0...

His switch isn't even scratched LOL, nice try though.

It's not even scratched? You didn't even watch the video! I don't know why I'm trying to reason with you since you're going always against. I'm trying to help you out here considering you think Switch units don't get scratched and you end up being rude and arrogant calling me the troll when you're the one being bias constantly.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's confirmed the dock scratches. You need to be super careful putting it in. I have gettomodded one side with doublesided tape that have a microfiber strip over it (cut it to strips from a microfiber cloth)

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's confirmed the dock scratches. You need to be super careful putting it in. I have gettomodded one side with doublesided tape that have a microfiber strip over it (cut it to strips from a microfiber cloth)
The Switch is an absolutely fantastic concept for a console/handheld but Nintendo did admittedly rush it out. OS while great is missing some features and the Dock Station feels like it's a beta product than intended for retail use.

Blunty also scratched his Switch accidentally on the dock and he's not the guy to ruin his gadgets because he too takes good care of it. It's a bummer that people's Switch units may have scratched but thankfully, tempered screen protectors on eBay are very cheap and do the job just as the pricier ones on Amazon.

da1e85

Trophies
XP
Confirmed by who and adding extra stuff to the rails makes the fit even tighter which would make it more susceptible to scratching if you was to get dust build up within the dock which is inevitable

Last edited by da1e85,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dock is a flimsy piece of plastic so it can get scratched at any moment. A matter of luck.

But there is so much space between the dock and the screen of the system when its in there. I mean you have to purposely be throwing the dock in there without care for it to slide up against it. This "issue" is one that I simply don't get.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

But there is so much space between the dock and the screen of the system when its in there. I mean you have to purposely be throwing the dock in there without care for it to slide up against it. This "issue" is one that I simply don't get.
Not really. One can try to be as careful as possible but without a screen protector on it it can and is bound to get scratches/scuffs on it. Nintendo really needs to release a proper Dock Station 'cause this thing is nothing more than a beta version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Feast your eyes on my beautiful MOD!

I've used a pelt to protect the sides.

3M6XhzI.jpg

9JfeJBr.jpg

ZzjfuMZ.jpg

uQyNPsC.jpg

tZSbKzj.jpg

6nEqwOa.jpg

Beautiful isn't it?
What do you think of Velcro inside the Dock?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all