Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I recommend not dunking your Switch. Be gentle and/or put some microfiber strips on the screen side inside of the dock (the two plastic protrusions are toward the bezel, not the screen itself).

Last edited by Xzi,

Celebrimbor360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend not dunking your Switch. Be gentle and/or put some microfiber strips on the screen side inside of the dock (the two plastic protrusions are toward the bezel, not the screen itself).

I thought about that too. But it seems there's little space toward the bottom in the dock to put anything, at least not easily. I'm not using the dock untill my screen protector gets here.

Ziggyhacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As noted on Twitter by another user, these scratches appear to be a result of misuse, and the Joy Con appears to be scratched as well.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is so obvious that no one really needed to be warned. Anyway, people should know by now that ANY devices with a screen will eventually be scratch, so screen protectors are always a must on day 1.

Pip'
Not really. For awhile the Nintendo console that have a screen have had a clamshell design which keeps them from getting damaged. I never had problems with scratches on my clamshell-style devices. This device is different and while I wouldn't say you NEED a screen protector, getting one makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: dimmidice

Celebrimbor360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is so obvious that no one really needed to be warned. Anyway, people should know by now that ANY devices with a screen will eventually be scratch, so screen protectors are always a must on day 1.

Pip'

Never used a screen protector with a iPhone, no scratch on any of the 4 that I have owned.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I've done it quite a bit and I haven't noticed any scratches, but I'll keep a look out on the device and be sure to be careful when docking and undocking. Reminds me of the original 3DS getting those lines down the top screen by how when it was closed it would push against the sides of the bottom screen by how they kind of stuck out a bit. I had a real easy solution for that one by putting 2 small rubber stopper at the top left and right corners of the top portion of the device, stopped the screen from ever touching the protrusion and consequently that old 3DS still looks great.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't know what you have to do th scratch the screen with th dock. The screen doesn't even touch the dock.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. For awhile the Nintendo console that have a screen have had a clamshell design which keeps them from getting damaged. I never had problems with scratches on my clamshell-style devices. This device is different and while I wouldn't say you NEED a screen protector, getting one makes a lot of sense.

Some of those clamshell-design consoles had their own flaw, in which the bottom screen was smaller than the top screen, and elevated. This caused the bottom screen to scratch the top screen while the console was closed, most noticeably on the left and right sides.

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a tempered glass screen protector twin pack off amazon for $16 CAD, but the earliest estimated arrival time is 3 weeks from now. Guess I just have to be extra careful with it until it arrives.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: