do you watch the pokemon cartoons?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i watched it as a kid (gen 1 and 2 episodes)
the series stopped airing in normal tv and i didn't gave much attention, i didn't enjoy as much as the games
sometimes it aired the other seasons\gens but never cared about it..

however for the last 2-4 years i notice the 5 and 6 gen are almost everyday on cable tv..
tried to watch out of boredom one episode but the cartoons are so emotional and i can't stand ash anymore
and from what i know, every episode is almost the same thing, team rocket follows the same script

what is your opinion on the show?

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
339583._UY474_SS474_.jpg

look at his face. ;)

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Its called anime, you uncultured bafoon!

images
i am sorry, i am so used that anime does not suck, that i didnt knew this was concidered anime

but really i wanted people who watch or used to, discuss about it...

I watched the 4 episode mini series "pokemon Origins", but the rest of the pokemon anime are just plain insufferable.
i loved pokemon origins... it was kinda odd having health bars on it, but generally it was good...
really sad it only has 4 episodes.. i would watch a full series.
ash is so stupid and dumb..
red was awesome...

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: nxwing

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell no, I need solid plot and characters I can give two shits about, or one at the very least.

Now The Animals of Farthing Wood, Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Attack on Titan, Elfen Leid, and so on... that's some anime I can get into!!!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Watched a bunch but not all. I'm waiting for a certain fansub to sub all original series' episodes (276) and then I'll watch in a marathon but it's gonna take several years still.

Platinum2183

Trophies
XP
Country
gen 5 was awful, don't watch at all.

gen 6 is also pretty shitty, watched all 120 or so of them and the plot is the same in every episode pretty much. Travelling, team rocket try to ruin, fail once again and the cycle continues.

Although the newer episodes are actually not as bad as the first episodes of gen 6 and we are seeing some new stuff that hasn't been done before.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Having previously lost interest in the 4th gen series, getting turned off somehow by the 5th gen, the 6th gen series is actually pretty good in my opinion, and while some of the filler episodes are kinda dull, there are several great episodes. The supporting cast is what makes it for me. Don't care much for Ash.

And yes. It does get repetetive sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz