Gaming do you think we will get a ZeldaNX in 2018?

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the standard Zelda development time since Skyward Sword it's safe to say absolutely not. Maybe during the Switch's lifetime but two years isn't enough time for a proper mainline Zelda especially if the open world gameplay is going to be standard from now on.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would any sane person think another new Zelda is coming out next year? LOL we wont see another zelda till like 2021 at the VERY LEAST. Unless it's a Skyward Sword remaster.

Honestly by then Nintendo will probably be 3rd party game company anyway.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hdmi on my Sony Bravia 39.5 inch. I hate to see what it would look like now that i have a 4k tv from sharp Lol. I guess that's why i kept my old tv for the wii-u and switch.

That's the exact TV I have, wonder if the Wii2HDMI adapter caused the blurring? I have one in a draw somewhere, will have to experiment.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game looks fine on my 1080 40" Sony over component, what video connection were you using? I agree with you on the controls though, and I just found the game sort of boring, never got very far with it, and I'd finished every previous Zelda game.
He's probably complaining about the background-blurring effect intentionally programmed into the game to give it that feel of an impressionist painting.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not likely. Disregarding how long it actually takes to develop a Zelda game (because for all we know they might have been working on it for years already), they wouldn't release 2 Zelda games in a row. Maybe a port/remaster, but not a brand new Zelda game.
We're not likely to even get news of a new Zelda game until 2019, with a release in late 2019/early 2020 at the earliest. And that's being optimistic.
Unless they plan on releasing a new Zelda game every other year, which I wouldn't be against, they are not going to release that many system sellers that close to eachother. We already have Zelda, Splatoon and Mario coming in the first year, that leaves Metroid, F-Zero, Pokemon, Smash and a new Mario Kart, unless I'm forgetting something, and possibly a new Zelda in the future. And those will be evenly distributed so that there's a constant flow of new games to gain interest in the console. They're not going to make the same mistake twice by having large gaps between major releases, they've even made a point of mentioning that. Then there's other, smaller titles that will be released inbetween the big ones, like New Super Mario Bros, Mario Party, some Mario sports game, maybe a sequel to Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt their next Zelda game will be as heavy as BOTW.
BOTW was a massive departure from the usual Zelda format. I can't see it not being successful and garnering a sequel, but at the same time I doubt they're going to abandon their old style which likely has a much lighter development cycle.

Still sure as hell wont be in 2018 though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Why do you still call it "ZeldaNX" it's the NS or Switch now.

But no, not in 2018 that's too early, at best in 2019-2020 is when we might get a new Zelda on the Switch.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do you still call it "ZeldaNX" it's the NS or Switch now.

But no, not in 2018 that's too early, at best in 2019-2020 is when we might get a new Zelda on the Switch.
sorry, i call games, hack and other stuff related to tye switch NX by habitude.
Its just that thing related to the wii had "ii" in their name, those related too wii u had "U", i just hope that those related to the switch will be called "NX"

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTW was a massive departure from the usual Zelda format.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Each title has been a "massive departure" in some way, shape or form, with each title borrowing something from it's predecessors. The only games to follow a linear path [which I think you are calling the "standard" (lol) format] from my memory are OOT, TTP and SS.

The only thing BotW is doing differently (in general terms) is that they've taken WW's world and removed all the water. Aonuma even stated in a recent interview that he wanted more islands in WW, but couldn't due to hardware limitations.

Reactions: grossaffe

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In 2018? not even in your wildest dreams... Maybe they will announce it in 2019 and release it by 2021. And it will feature realistic graphics
realistic graphics? like in gta and such?
nah, it doesnt fit zelda universe.
however, even if they announced they wont do it again, id like to see another zelda with darkish graphics like in TP

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what you mean here. Each title has been a "massive departure" in some way, shape or form, with each title borrowing something from it's predecessors. The only games to follow a linear path [which I think you are calling the "standard" (lol) format] from my memory are OOT, TTP and SS.

The only thing BotW is doing differently (in general terms) is that they've taken WW's world and removed all the water. Aonuma even stated in a recent interview that he wanted more islands in WW, but couldn't due to hardware limitations.

You seem to have no idea what BOTW is doing. Which is fine. Wastes my life having to explain it to you though. It's massively different from other Zelda games.
-It's significantly more 'open world' focused with large amounts of exploration. No Zelda has been like this. Most Zelda's have *a* open world. But not anywhere in the style of BOTW. There is significantly more to explore and find in BOTW. Including significantly more FREEDOM to explore compared to previous Zelda games. This game lets you CLIMB as well as having a dedicated jump button, and a GLIDER. To name one example, there are 100 puzzle shrines scattered around the world. That alone is massive compared to older games.
-Significantly more items because there are tons of different types, and they function very differently from normal Zelda items (mostly temporary because of durability). This includes weapons, armor and various resources
-A pretty massive cooking system, and you can craft potions/elixirs
-environmental effects (link can be too cold and freeze to death, or too hot and overheat, etc). Some Zeldas kinda sorta had this but it was typically just a timer and a time out. Weather can also affect things realistically like rain putting out fire.
-physics. It has an actual physics engine that is a huge part of puzzles and other stuff
-a smaller note but they seem to actually tried to include a story people might give a shit about, and added voice acting.

There's probably more but I just can't be bothered. Look up videos if you're still clueless why BOTW is significantly more work than previous Zelda games. Even a half retarded monkey lizard can plainly see how massive BOTW is compared to a traditional Zelda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1