Hacking Do you think this should come to the PS Vita ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Surfing the internet , i stumbled upon an article about an update for the 3DS that has a functionality called "Death Switch" .

What is this you ask ?
well appearntly there is something for the 3DS called "Gateaway" that allows you to copy 3DS games to an SD card , which means playing pirated games .
going back to the death switch thing , this function "bricks" the system once it discovers that the system or the games has been modified , which is pretty good since everyone is against piracy including me .
------------------
i am not here to talk about the 3DS though , its about the Vita .
and for that i ask you this :
Do you guys think the Vita should have something like this in the upcoming updates ?
its really useful since piracy could come to the vita anytime in the future .
Yifan lu said that some experienced hackers could use his exploit as a "stepping stone" to pirate the vita games and that he "doesn't support piracy and won't help it" .
i really think this has to come to the vita so that it's games won't get pirated , because piracy kills the console just like what happened with the PSP
Any thoughts ?

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
why is everyone hating ? it's a normal thread with a normal question ! what the hell ?
if you don't like it , don't reply !
mind your own business dude

Reactions: yuyuyup

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why is everyone hating ? it's a normal thread with a normal question ! what the hell ?
if you don't like it , don't reply !
mind your own business dude
Piracy is a thing, and there's no way for a random dude on the internet to stop it from happening. The Vita hasn't been hacked yet, and there are chances that it never will. Also, there's no such a thing as "Death Switches" on the 3DS, and bricks don't happen as often as people think they do.

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Even though I love piracy I fully support Radwan126 I will even buy a legit copy of madden 2k11 in solidarity
haha thanks dude !
its not like i hate it but it really kills the console , i mean imagine if the PSP's games weren't pirated , Sony wouldn't have abandoned the system and new firmware updates would have been introduced with new features like 7.xx or even 8.xx

Last edited by Radwan126,

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The poor fella's already in bad shape and you want to hit 'em even more.
Shame on you, OP!

In other words, it's a terrible idea!

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
there's no way for a random dude on the internet to stop it
i didn't say i would stop it XD i just talked about this new feature in the 3DS that i read about somewhere
there are chances that it never will.
well as far as i know the rejuvenate exploit is working like a charm and being developed , also there is this hacker who was able to extract the dump files from the ps vita game card , he discovered a way to do it
read here : http://wololo.net/2014/01/23/dumpin...dges-is-now-possible-the-beginning-of-piracy/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In other words, it's a terrible idea!
and why is that ?

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Jesus Christ, I hope this is a troll. "everyone is against piracy" <- not true, and even if it is, fuck anyone who tries to brick a console.
well i just said what the article said , but for real why brick the console ?

ILOVETOPLAYNESGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this, and have to pipe in and say that I think the PSP died due to lack of good games. In my opinion the only ones worth playing were Birth By Sleep and Lumines... of course, being a game hoarder I have purchased many more, but didn't get super far in many of them.

In other news relevant to this thread, kill switches on hardware are really bad... what if some random condition sets them off? Some states require that phones can be bricked now I remember reading, to discourage apple-snatching. Really though, this means a ticked off employee can just cause chaos.

Vita has way more enjoyable games in my opinion.

Reactions: CleanSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users