Hacking Do you think the xmas explot for 4.05 is real

Do you think the 4.05 explot is real?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • I will just update to latest not worth waiting around!

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you think its real that it might be leaked and also do you think its a good idea to update over 4.05 because I feel like its fake.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I accidentally updated to the latest software last week, I was waiting for something like this for the longest time

But unless they can make something work on the latest version which by all accounts seems unlikely then I am out of luck

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Don't hold your breath, as nothing ever came of the 1.76 exploit to the end user and even if something did occur with 4.05 and below, don't expect to be running PS4 copies right off the bat anytime soon.

Pablo Giambelluca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I didn't had a Ps4 until one week ago I bought a Pro... I'm waiting for my Final Fantasy XV copy to arrive on the 27th. Through the years I've read all the news, fake news and taunts from the ps4 scene 'devs'... I honestly think nothing will come out of it but will wait til the 27th anyway. After that I'll update without looking back, the truth is you can't get much use from the PS4 without being online and if the exploits are released you'll probably be limited to firmware <4.05... there are SO MANY good games coming out next year that CFW without spoofing just can't cut it. And if we learned something from the VITA hacks is that apparently Firmware Spoofers are very difficult and Sony could revoke certificates making the spoofing useless. The only solution would be some kind of emunand like 3DS but we're so far away from that that I wouldn't hold my breath.

TL;DR: Nope.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its real just don't hold your breath for a functional release.... The exploit is the same one demoed by the Chinese hacker group that they disclosed to Sony so they could fix the flaw. However just because its burnt doesn't mean it'll be released imeadiately or that anything useful (for the end user) will be able to make use of it when it is released. You'll be lucky to get a Linux loader that uses it the day its public...

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you think its real that it might be leaked and also do you think its a good idea to update over 4.05 because I feel like its fake.

It's entirely your own gamble to either stay on low firmware or update to play new games/go online.

Lower is ALWAYS better.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe that one is out there but I don't think it'll ever be released.
Considering the exploit that was demoed by the Chinese is burned it will surely be revealed soon enough. The only reason not to release is fear of being sued to death. In other words its real. There is substantial proof of that and the exploit was demonstrated publicly and a full bug report given to Sony to patch it. However weather it'll see the light of day idk

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm inclined to believe this. I got the update to 4.07 and immediately noticed some bizarre instability. Games would crash repeatedly than never crashed before, issues with games connecting to servers, etc. Even starting several times didn't fix. In my experience, that type of instability only results from a stability patch if the point of it is to close a vulnerability as quickly as possible. Basically, close the hole before people find out about it, then clean up the damage caused in a followup "stability patch". I only found this thread talking about that because of that line of thinking.

I'm not too worried though. This PS4 was never intended to be modded anyway. Whenever I'm ready to mod a PS4 I will just buy a new one. It's just something I tend to notice.

On that point though, out of curiosity: Suppose for those who didn't update decide to hold off. Does the Rasberry Pi trick still work for copying the PSN account to another console to have one that can go online and one that can eventually access homebrew? and does that trick allow people to copy the game data over?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's entirely your own gamble to either stay on low firmware or update to play new games/go online.

Lower is ALWAYS better.
When the original PS3 fw 3.55 exploit was released, I updated my console because I didn't think anything would come of it. I regretted that and only managed to get an old fw PS3 earlier this year.

When the Wii U fw 5.3.2 exploit was released, I eventually updated because the scene didn't seem to be going anywhere. A week after I did, the original Loadiine was released. I regretted it, and was so glad when the 5.5.1 exploit appeared.

I am NOT making that mistake again. My PS4 is staying on 4.01 (maybe update to 4.05). Luckily I have an Xbox One and gaming PC anyway.

Reactions: Jao Chu

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
When the original PS3 fw 3.55 exploit was released, I updated my console because I didn't think anything would come of it. I regretted that and only managed to get an old fw PS3 earlier this year.

When the Wii U fw 5.3.2 exploit was released, I eventually updated because the scene didn't seem to be going anywhere. A week after I did, the original Loadiine was released. I regretted it, and was so glad when the 5.5.1 exploit appeared.

I am NOT making that mistake again. My PS4 is staying on 4.01 (maybe update to 4.05). Luckily I have an Xbox One and gaming PC anyway.

Of course something will come out of it eventually, but worst case scenario it will be like the 3DS where the only publicly available hack for about 2 years time was the pay-to-hack Gateway 3DS... (Okay, Ninjhax came out one year after Gateway but it was very limited at first and the first free CFW took a lot longer)

As for this thread itself, I'm surprised anyone would think that the exploit isn't real, it's been confirmed by a lot of reliable sources so of course it's real.

Last edited by psvpwner,

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When the Wii U fw 5.3.2 exploit was released, I eventually updated because the scene didn't seem to be going anywhere.

I know dat feel all to well. I bought a 1.76 PS4 during the first round of kernel exploit hype whilst the price went through the roof. $500 AUD from New Zealand for just the console alone. No cables, no controllers, just a black box inside a cardboard box. For what? Yeah, I ran an incomplete build Linux on it for a week, figured out that every feature Linux is famous for is essentially broken due to being ported to the PS4. Now it's sitting in a closet collecting dust.

33c3 has passed and still, nothing. I've been patient, I haven't slandered the devs, I haven't demanded anything from anyone, but I'm losing hope, quickly.

We need a knight in shining armour to put the homebrew SDK to good use and make a loader for all those decrypted games that are floating around.

Please, somebody, step up and do what needs to be done, with the PS4 pro release, the original PS4 is dead, at least enable piracy for phat PS4. Pretty please? :)

Pablo Giambelluca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I voted no not because I don't think the exploit was real... I voted no because the XMAS EXPLOIT wasn't real... we all know there is an exploit... but it wasn't going to be released on xmas... the title of the post is different from the question on the poll. I'm guessing a lot of the people who voted no did so on the same grounds... there was no 'xmas exploit'

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
I voted no not because I don't think the exploit was real... I voted no because the XMAS EXPLOIT wasn't real... we all know there is an exploit... but it wasn't going to be released on xmas... the title of the post is different from the question on the poll. I'm guessing a lot of the people who voted no did so on the same grounds... there was no 'xmas exploit'

Haha alright, that makes sense. The way I saw it was that it was the same exploit and the exploit is real but I don't think it will be released around Christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger