Hardware Do you think the wii u will be a failure?

Do you think the Wii U will be a failure?

• Yes

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 70.7%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but real gamers will will avoid it like the plague, nothing about the Wii U appeals to real gamers.
it'll be a failure in the eyes of real gamers, just like the Wii.
It's gimmicky and under powered
I disagree, the ratio of casual to core announced titles is pretty one sided in favor of the latter, as well as a lot of the internet connectivity and Wii U internal software. Also, what do you mean by real gamers? Casual gamers are gamers, and they're certainly "real". FPS gamers are gamers, even if they're libraries are limited. Heck, core gamers are gamers, and Nintendo notices that, targeting not just the software, but the controllers for their interests. I'd say that, if by "real gamers" you mean "non-casual gamers", they certainly wouldn't avoid it, because , from what's been shown, this isn't going to be like the Wii and its library and appeal were.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but real gamers will will avoid it like the plague, nothing about the Wii U appeals to real gamers.
I disagree, the ratio of casual to core announced titles is pretty one sided in favor of the latter, as well as a lot of the internet connectivity and Wii U internal software. Also, what do you mean by real gamers? Casual gamers are gamers, and they're certainly "real". FPS gamers are gamers, even if they're libraries are limited. Heck, core gamers are gamers, and Nintendo notices that, targeting not just the software, but the controllers for their interests. I'd say that, if by "real gamers" you mean "non-casual gamers", they certainly wouldn't avoid it, because , from what's been shown, this isn't going to be like the Wii and its library and appeal were.
Are you really trying to have a discussion with this troll? smh

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It will succeed in regards to sales.
old folks homes will stock it for senior citizens
mommy's and daddy's will buy it for their kiddies birthday
mommys will buy it to exercise and play mini games
little girls will ask their daddy for it to play the hundreds of imagine________ games
and nintendo fanboys will buy whatever copy and paste franchise Nintendo decide release

*Insert accusation saying that your definition of "real" gamers means people who only play Call of Battlefield: Modern Halo 5 here*

And what would your definition of "real gamers" be, I wonder? Since apparently only casual gamers and Nintendo fanboys will buy it, not "real" gamers.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering how hard the Wii failed, I assume the WiiU will fail just as hard.

Seeing how the WII console has outsold all the other consoles how do you call that a failure?
People will love it it just made a good thing better thats all.

Post amended, can people stop fucking quoting me now.

I know this is the internet but holy shit people are stupid. This is like the 6th person.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering nintendo has yet to actually have a failure of a game system other than the virtuaboy (which wasn't even a core console attempt) I highly doubt this will be any different.

They've lost some console wars, but never has a product been a full-blown failure. Even the gamecube yielded fine profit.
As for this, I believe it will be a success and grant nintendo a second consecutive console war victory.

I still hate to think of the wii as a "victory" in terms of hardcore gamers. The sheer amount of crap that went out to that system, the lack of reputable 3rd party support and the lackluster hardware kind of cast a shadow on the console for me. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a fine system and some games were really fun to play. I usually don't mind less graphically beautiful games as long as they are well made and play crisply (for lack of a better term but you get my point), pretty looking is a plus. The problem is, however, that these gems were few and far in between all the shovelware that came out on the wii...hopefully there will be more awesome and less shovel when it comes to this system in which case I don't care what the games look like (as long as it isn't so bad that i get a headache)

Well, in Nintendo's defense, the NES had a crapton of shovelware and overall just bad games, and yet look at the games that were actually cared for, they're amazing. And when people think of the NES, I bet you 90% of people will always mention either a Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or some other big game. The same goes for the Wii. It has a lot of crap on it, but look at games like Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Okami, Mother Fucking Punch-Out!!!, Epic Mickey, Zack and Wiki, Sonic Colors, No more Heroes and the list goes on and on. People need to start seeing pass the bad, and look at the good, just like we do with the NES.

Reactions: 6 people

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually NOT over my heat. I am an avid gamer. Probably been gameing longer that you've been alive. I have an Xbox, PS3, PS2, 3DS, Vita, DSI, DSIXL DS, DSphat, Game cube, N64, Super NES, REAL3DO, gameboy, gameboy advanced, gameboy color, super gameboy, 3 pcs and a laptop. And so much software I don't want to say. So once again I doubt it will fail.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when you start reading from the begining and comment you don't see the later quotes till you get to them. Maybe I'll read the all next time then go back and comment! Sorry you don't like quotes.
It's not the because you quoted it that he's mad. Reread the post, reread all of it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually NOT over my heat. I am an avid gamer. Probably been gameing longer that you've been alive. I have an Xbox, PS3, PS2, 3DS, Vita, DSI, DSIXL DS, DSphat, Game cube, N64, Super NES, REAL3DO, gameboy, gameboy advanced, gameboy color, super gameboy, 3 pcs and a laptop. And so much software I don't want to say. So once again I doubt it will fail.

Instead of buying a hundred consoles why don't you invest in a brain, or some school. So you can, y'know, detect sarcasm.
The fact HIS "that went over your head completely" video WENT OVER YOUR HEAD COMPLETELY, made me lol pretty hard though.

Btw, your gaming level has nothing to do with when you started or how many consoles you own.

Reactions: 4 people

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are right my gaming level doesn't come from how many consoles I have. It comes from how many games I play. I garantee I've played way more than you or for that fact most of the people on here. I'm not saying I'm great at gameing but I do know what I'm talking about. Sorry you don't like that opinion but tough. Nor will I respond to you anymore cause I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who really doesn't get it!..............................Sorry.....................

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You are right my gaming level doesn't come from how many consoles I have. It comes from how many games I play. I garantee I've played way more than you or for that fact most of the people on here. I'm not saying I'm great at gameing but I do know what I'm talking about. Sorry you don't like that opinion but tough. Nor will I respond to you anymore cause I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who really doesn't get it!..............................Sorry.....................
lol

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

:rofl:

This guy is just priceless.
I really don't even know how to respond in a way this guy could even comprehend my post.

Honestly, can we PLEASE implement an IQ test required to gain posting privs on the forum? For the love of god, please. This should never happen.
No one should have to read posts like his in a thread. There's just no justification.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I really don't even know how to respond in a way this guy could even comprehend my post.

Honestly, can we PLEASE implement an IQ test required to gain posting privs on the forum? For the love of god, please. This should never happen.
No one should have to read posts like his in a thread. There's just no justification.
C'mon Malice, now you're just being mean.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

C'mon Malice, now you're just being mean.

90% chance of a deleted post for offtopicness regardless.
Also the truth isn't mean, but it may hurt.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, OK, the Xbox and Ps3 are failures too! (Sarcasim---I do get it) Geeesh! Stop already! my lungs hurt from laughing so much!

Actually from a pure business sense I would say the PS3 was kind of a failure for sony as it did quite a bit of harm to revenue

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering nintendo has yet to actually have a failure of a game system other than the virtuaboy (which wasn't even a core console attempt) I highly doubt this will be any different.

They've lost some console wars, but never has a product been a full-blown failure. Even the gamecube yielded fine profit.
As for this, I believe it will be a success and grant nintendo a second consecutive console war victory.

I still hate to think of the wii as a "victory" in terms of hardcore gamers. The sheer amount of crap that went out to that system, the lack of reputable 3rd party support and the lackluster hardware kind of cast a shadow on the console for me. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a fine system and some games were really fun to play. I usually don't mind less graphically beautiful games as long as they are well made and play crisply (for lack of a better term but you get my point), pretty looking is a plus. The problem is, however, that these gems were few and far in between all the shovelware that came out on the wii...hopefully there will be more awesome and less shovel when it comes to this system in which case I don't care what the games look like (as long as it isn't so bad that i get a headache)

Well, in Nintendo's defense, the NES had a crapton of shovelware and overall just bad games, and yet look at the games that were actually cared for, they're amazing. And when people think of the NES, I bet you 90% of people will always mention either a Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or some other big game. The same goes for the Wii. It has a lot of crap on it, but look at games like Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Okami, Mother Fucking Punch-Out!!!, Epic Mickey, Zack and Wiki, Sonic Colors, No more Heroes and the list goes on and on. People need to start seeing pass the bad, and look at the good, just like we do with the NES.

This.

It's like people don't realize the most succesful consoles will have a lot of games. Some games are just made so they can be on the console and hopefully sell well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/