Hacking Do you think the PS Vita is dead?

Do you think the PS Vita is dead

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZacharyAlkaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PlayStation Vita *sigh*
It's a great portable system, I remember back than the PSP was easy to hack and run cfw,homebrew and emulator. Back than the PSP was a very popular system and that many used to own it.

But right know it has been 4 years since the system has launch, still no progress of any roms or cfw able to run on it.

The reason why there is not a lot of progress is because not many of hackers are willing to waste their time hacking it and that its not popular compare to the 3ds. Due to the 3ds success and popularity hackers were managed to run ex homebrew (ninjhax) and cfw (gateway).

After this years the PS Vita did not managed to get hack thanks to sony (d+%&heads!!!) and their stupid high price proprietary memory card and encryption blah blah blah.....

My point is don't get your hopes to high because by the time than the PS Vita life cycle will be over. Wait, is already dead.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corpse Party Blood Drive is the only reason I have for wanting a Vita/Vita TV.
However, I think it's a great handheld (Because of PSP CFW being able to play other games).

Reactions: ZacharyAlkaff

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The vita isn't a dead system, it just has a niche audience. It caters to that audience very well, and doesn't do a whole lot more. As far as I'm concerned, thats a perfectly fine thing for it to do. Its pretty much the same thing nintendo does with their home consoles, and to a much lesser extent, microsoft does as well.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why there is not a lot of progress is because not many of hackers are willing to waste their time hacking it and that its not popular compare to the 3ds. Due to the 3ds success and popularity hackers were managed to run ex homebrew (ninjhax) and cfw (gateway).
I dunno what you're talking about. If you've been following the Vita hacking scene, you'd see that it's as present and ever and far more aggressive due to a recently found exploit and the recent release of Rejuvenate.

ZacharyAlkaff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what you're talking about. If you've been following the Vita hacking scene, you'd see that it's as present and ever and far more aggressive due to a recently found exploit and the recent release of Rejuvenate.
I have to agree with you that there are some progress and you're absolutely right. But I still think that there is long way to go to be able to play roms on it

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's dead in the west but alive in Japan. You can thank Sony for it.

Anyhow, it's a great portable device to play PSP, PS1 and emulators on it, although that's not what it was meant to play. :P

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The failure of the vita has nothing to do with sony. I'll be the first person to say the vita was crazy when it came out I know I bought the edition that came a week early and with a nice case. Wipeout was and still is my favorite game on the vita. The online battle was awesome but it wasn't the lack of good games or poor marketing that made the vita a ( almost ) dead system. It was cell phone's yes you heard me right mobile gaming killed the vita before it even got started. The only thing that saved the 3ds is great games and the kids that want them

It's a shame to the vita has so much potential I knew it was done for when I got call of duty black ops vita my god what shit that game was. At least killzone is good and works on my Vita TV which is a whole different kind of failure. Where the fuck is netflix? Why can't I play wipeout? Why doesn't my DS4 controller's touchpad work? Just complete shit and failure sony's lucky they have the PS3/PS4 to back them up.

There won't be a next gen handheld for sony or for nintendo for that matter. You will probably see a merger with the major gaming company's and android/apple

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I bought my first PS Vita about a year + ago and sold it off after about 3 months of owning it. Not only does it not have full CFW support to play Vita games, you need to spend money in PSN store just to play back old PSP games. I could just play PSP games on my old modded PSP for that. The only good thing the Vita had was a larger and higher quality screen. Other than that, i doubt the Vita can continue to survive very well.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
it still selling (in japan) so it is not 100% dead games are still coming out for it

there might not be games the many poeple want, like AAA shooters , but there is a market for the vita in smaller game and RPGs and VN and indie games

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it still selling (in japan) so it is not 100% dead games are still coming out for it

there might not be games the many poeple want, like AAA shooters , but there is a market for the vita in smaller game and RPGs and VN and indie games
Unfortunately its not enough to keep the console afloat. It needs the north American market or its doomed

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The failure of the vita has nothing to do with sony. I'll be the first person to say the vita was crazy when it came out I know I bought the edition that came a week early and with a nice case. Wipeout was and still is my favorite game on the vita. The online battle was awesome but it wasn't the lack of good games or poor marketing that made the vita a ( almost ) dead system. It was cell phone's yes you heard me right mobile gaming killed the vita before it even got started. The only thing that saved the 3ds is great games and the kids that want them

It's a shame to the vita has so much potential I knew it was done for when I got call of duty black ops vita my god what shit that game was. At least killzone is good and works on my Vita TV which is a whole different kind of failure. Where the fuck is netflix? Why can't I play wipeout? Why doesn't my DS4 controller's touchpad work? Just complete shit and failure sony's lucky they have the PS3/PS4 to back them up.

There won't be a next gen handheld for sony or for nintendo for that matter. You will probably see a merger with the major gaming company's and android/apple

By that logic the 3DS would be doing really badly and it isn't because Nintendo is supporting it.

Unfortunately its not enough to keep the console afloat.

Gaming in Japan is now mostly around handheld and smartphones so it's no surprise that the 3DS and Vita are doing better than the home consoles.

It needs the north American market or its doomed

Again. The Vita's not doomed, it is in Europe and US but in Japan? No probs at all. And why the fuck would you think only the US market would make it any better? lol

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And like every brave "do you think the Vita is dead" topic made by a new nintenfan, this one too shall suffer the same fate as those before, and those that may come after.

Think before you post an obviously biased topic next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)