Hardware Do you think the price of 3DS would decrease by August 2011?

GranolaBar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I guess all of you are right. With upcoming titles like Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Star Fox and the rumored Pokemon 3DS game, I guess it really won't drop to $190. Well I guess I just have to wait until maybe a new version of a 3DS comes (maybe 3DS HD?) or maybe I'll just wait for christmas
smile.gif

Guess I'll have to stay with my XL for a while
yaynds.gif

Thank you for your opinions
biggrin.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarxrax said:
I think its totally possible for the price to drop to $200 sometime this year, especially if sales don't pick up around June. The original DS had a price drop just a few months after release, because no one was buying it.

Not true. The original DS came out Nov. 21st, 2004 in North America for 150$. The first price drop by Nintendo wasn't until Aug. 21st, 2005, when they cut it 130$. That's 9 months later. [Source]

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't think it will drop till at least when the NGP is out, cuz June - August comes a lot of great games (eyes on resident evil: the mecenaries 3D) as well as December. Even so, looking at the prices of the DSi and the XL, I don't think there will be a significant drop. A drop? I bet at US$229.99

Oh and speaking of which Singapore has gotten a price drop (gameshops and not maxsoft) by S$10. But it is due to the 3DS being ridiculously overpriced here, hence I will not be expecting another price drop soon
frown.gif

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt that the 3DS will get a price drop, and even if it does, it would only drop maybe $20 to $230, or if you're really luck maybe $220. But no lower, thats it! I mean you'd be lucky to get a price drop at all.

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
2 things can happen.

1. Price drop by December and by not that much.(50% on this one)
2.Maybe a bundled pack or IF we're really lucky, a new color.(60% on the bundled, 10% on the new color.)
yaynds.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the price will drop any time soon - however, I do think we'll be seeing bundle packs with some titles soon enough. Which really makes me feel a bit upset - if they release a super cool silver/gold 3DS bundled with Ocarina of Time, I'm going to feel extremely jealous :/

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ChaosZero816 said:
2 things can happen.

2.Maybe a bundled pack or IF we're really lucky, a new color.(60% on the bundled, 10% on the new color.)
yaynds.gif
Why would they lower the price at the time when they'll sell the most regardless of price?

admiralvic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you using sales figures to prove a point? Nintnedo pumped out a system without being ready. Most of the system components are missing...

No store
No internet
etc

A lot of people are waiting for this and lets face it will help the system a LOT! The launch titles are crap and many people still think the DS is still relevant. It might have a slow start... but once the big hitters come out and the system becomes complete it will change AND OR piracy happens. Piracy will surely boost sales too lol

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true on piracy boosting console/handhelds sales BUT the game companies wont be making nearly enough money to fund good creative teams to put out great games. so if piracy were the case the 3ds would PROBABLY die early on. i work at Best Buy and i sell the 3ds to lots of older people, when teens or younger come in and look at it they are amazed by it but they never buy it. THE ONLY complaint i hear when the parents kid askes for a 3ds is that it costs too much, they see it as an expensive toy and not a device of connectivity (limited atm) till i explain it and then they purchase it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
ChaosZero816 said:
2 things can happen.

yaynds.gif
Why would they lower the price at the time when they'll sell the most regardless of price?
Not only that 50%/60%? Really? Come on now...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
Nollog said:
ChaosZero816 said:
2 things can happen.

yaynds.gif
That's his level of certainty for each thing.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
Nollog said:
ChaosZero816 said:
2 things can happen.

yaynds.gif
My bad!
laugh.gif
I read it as a 50%/60% price drop.
rofl.gif

GranolaBar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
Nollog said:
ChaosZero816 said:
2 things can happen.

yaynds.gif
My bad!
laugh.gif
I read it as a 50%/60% price drop.
rofl.gif
What do you think will be the new color? I hope it would be either White or Green
yaynds.gif

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
They are not going to decrease it by what you want. Maybe by the Holiday season, but I give it a year, at least until we see a substantial price drop.

If you want one so badly, go get a job.

There's a new Kirby game coming out for the DS, so it ain't dead yet.

D

Deleted User

Well, their designing was shitee, so I can see it having price falls like the Go

D

Deleted User

KingVamp said:
tigris said:
Well, their designing was shitee, so I can see it having price falls like the Go
What? Just just no...

You are hating on the design too much.
I suppose I am, but I'm smitten with the 3DS's tech anyway
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins