Hardware Do you think the Nintendo switch could do large Minecraft worlds like the xbox one and ps4

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering if this is possible ive never had a console that has larger worlds like this ive olny had the xbox 360 it think medium is fine but im just wondering could it support larger worlds

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasnt there a thread stating that the switch version has a larger world than the wii u one but still smaller than the ps4 one?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
Your answer is in there:

Could the switch do larger worlds?
YES: 3072x3072, that is larger than Wii U.

As large as the PS4?
NO: Those are 5120x5120.
no no no im sayng could the switch manage 5120x5120 worlds if tweaks were made im getting opinions I already know those facts you just stated

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
Your answer is in there:

Could the switch do larger worlds?
YES: 3072x3072, that is larger than Wii U.

As large as the PS4?
NO: Those are 5120x5120.
I think OP means to say can the switch handle a larger world. I would have to guess no based on the fact that the worlds are limited to that size. If the switch could handle a larger world they probably would have given a size similar to ps4/xbone

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think OP means to say can the switch handle a larger world. I would have to guess no based on the fact that the worlds are limited to that size. If the switch could handle a larger world they probably would have given a size similar to ps4/xbone
god olny knows man im coming from xbox 360 so this is a change for me

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the world size is an artificial limitation put in place as a result of whatever amount of save file space is available. If the max world size was 3,000,000^2 like on PC, then what happens when someone attempts to explore it in its entirety? On the PC, one could purchase as much storage space as is needed, but the Switch has a limited amount of space that needs to be saved for other games.

Ignoring storage space, the Switch could conceivably have worlds as large as on PC, although it's possible their C++ engine has bugs in it that would get in the way that their Java engine does not.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Probably not due to:

1. Switch has less ram
2. Switch doesn't have easily re-writable storage (virtual memory can't be used in its place since writing to the flash storage that often can shorten its life).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)